Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Auston Matthews facing disorderly conduct charge in Arizona

The Great One

Default Re: Auston Matthews facing disorderly conduct charge in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sexual Harassment Definition:
    behavior characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.
    I prefer this definition:

Section 10 of the Code defines harassment as “engaging in a course of vexatious[8] comment or conduct that is known or ought to be known to be unwelcome.” Using this definition, more than one event must take place for there to be a violation of the Code.[9] However, depending on the circumstances, one incident could be significant or substantial enough to be sexual harassment.

I'd say that attempting to enter a woman's locked vehicle at 2:00 am ought to be know to be unwelcome.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

Really guys? It's one thing to have a discussion. Getting upset about it for whatever reason and attacking each other only makes you look bad.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

Section 10 of the Code defines harassment as “engaging in a course of vexatious[8] comment or conduct that is known or ought to be known to be unwelcome.” Using this definition, more than one event must take place for there to be a violation of the Code.[9] However, depending on the circumstances, one incident could be significant or substantial enough to be sexual harassment.

I'd say that attempting to enter a woman's locked vehicle at 2:00 am ought to be know to be unwelcome.
    That's general harassment, which I don't think anyone would really argue... Sexual harassment has a different definition.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

It was a discussion until I was told what thoughts I have in my own head and that I am part of the reason why women are sexually harassed.

I don’t take sexual harassment as a joke so to be told that I am part of the problem is crossing the line. I won’t sit back and let someone say these things about me that aren’t true and publicly on the internet no less. Just defending myself, if that means a suspension or a ban from the forums than so be it. I won’t carry on in this thread any further. Glad to see I am not the only one to think this scenario isn’t sexual harassment though.

The Great One

Joining a packed subway is considered sexual harassment! LOL what the hell is the world coming to?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think the bigger issue is being completely overlooked here.
    Matthews ought to have known that the mere act of growing and keeping that mustache would terrify women who would assume he's a sexual predator.
    Guilty - lock him up and throw away the key.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    That's general harassment, which I don't think anyone would really argue... Sexual harassment has a different definition.
    that definition is of sexual harassment as defined by the criminal code of Canada. I copied and pasted it directly, word for word.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Joining a packed subway is considered sexual harassment! LOL what the hell is the world coming to?
    no, but standing too close to a woman on a subway that isn't overly packed is sexual harassment. Invading a woman's personal space without her permission at anytime is sexual harassment.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    It was a discussion until I was told what thoughts I have in my own head and that I am part of the reason why women are sexually harassed.

I don’t take sexual harassment as a joke so to be told that I am part of the problem is crossing the line. I won’t sit back and let someone say these things about me that aren’t true and publicly on the internet no less. Just defending myself, if that means a suspension or a ban from the forums than so be it. I won’t carry on in this thread any further. Glad to see I am not the only one to think this scenario isn’t sexual harassment though.
    I wasn't trying to tell you what thoughts are in your head. I was disagreeing with your definition of sexual harassment and attempting to point out why I think you are wrong.

I also called you ignorant for downplaying Matthews' behavior, and for that I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I did or said anything else specifically to offend you, but if so I apologize for that too.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

no, but standing too close to a woman on a subway that isn't overly packed is sexual harassment. Invading a woman's personal space without her permission at anytime is sexual harassment.
    So joining a packed subway.....standing close to a woman and invading her personal space....because the subway is congested....is sexual harassment?....

Does it have to be a woman for it to be considered sexual harassment or can it be a man whos gay?

Im new to this stuff.

Dobber Sports Jedi

that definition is of sexual harassment as defined by the criminal code of Canada. I copied and pasted it directly, word for word.
    You know this happened in Arizona USA right?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So joining a packed subway.....standing close to a woman and invading her personal space....because the subway is congested....is sexual harassment?....

Does it have to be a woman for it to be considered sexual harassment or can it be a man whos gay?

Im new to this stuff.

I said if the subway "isn't" overly packed and you stand too close to a woman, it can be construed as intimidation and sexual harassment. A woman, any person actually, is entitled to feel safe and not have their personal space invaded by another. Gender doesn't really matter.

As with most laws, common-sense comes into play. If the subway is jammed, obviously you may have to stand extremely close to another person. You can't touch the person's body in an inappropriate matter, breath inappropriately on the person's neck, say inappropriate words, etc.

There was a case not long ago where a man on the bike paths would run up behind female joggers and run uncomfortably close behind them, to the point of breathing on them while running. He never actually touched the women, but he made them feel uncomfortable and unsafe. Bottom line is that you aren't supposed to do anything that makes another person feel unsafe and if you are a man who is generally bigger and physically stronger than a woman, if you use your physical presence to intimidate or frighten the woman, you can be charged with sexual harassment.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You know this happened in Arizona USA right?
    I know that. I am just saying that there are multiple definitions of what constitutes sexual harassment, and used that one as an example.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Padawan

If this is true, you won't mind sending us a link please ?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I know that. I am just saying that there are multiple definitions of what constitutes sexual harassment, and used that one as an example.
    it's only Arizona's that matters.... well not really.

He wasn't charged with harassment.. only disorderly conduct. (at this point anyway)