Thread: Need help with keepers please (keep 5)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need help with keepers please (keep 5)

Hey All!

I always struggle to select my keepers, so I am looking for your thoughts and suggestions. League cats are in my signature, I need to keep 5. I have my team narrowed down to these 9 potential keepers, with the 5 I am leaning towards listed first and bolded:

Burns - D
    Seguin - C
    Wheeler - RW
    Guentzel - LW/RW
    Larkin - C

Huberdeau - LW
    Stone - RW
    Zibanejad - C
    Rielly - D

I am tempted to keep Zibanejad (playing with the bread man) over Seguin or Larkin, and Huberdeau over Wheeler (uncertainty in the 'Peg). What would you do??

Thanks!
    12 team H2H
    C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG FW HIT BLK
    W GAA SV% SO
    Keep 5

2019/20 Roster:

C -
    LW -
    RW -
    D -
    G -

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Need help with keepers please (keep 5)

can you trade pre draft? wheeler is still going to put up points regardless of laine or connor, but he is 32. you could likely fetch a solid return for him and then keep one of the others. stone is slated to play on the top line in vegas so could be real solid all around. dont think id keep zb over segiun or larkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The only possible move I would make is replacing Guentzel with Stone. The plus for Guentzel is he is a dual position guy and Stone is not. .
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you have the right 5.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

I think you need to find a way to keep Zibs with those categories. I think he ekes out Larkin, who's less of a banger and doesn't give you much on the PP.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd keep what you have... I like those 5.

Larkin should finally get some help this year.
    Expecting huge years from Mantha & Athanasiou
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like your 5 as they are right now, but I would try to trade Wheeler for pick/s like Blues_fan1000 said(if that is a possibility) and keep both Zibanejad and Guentzel.
    Devils & Predators fan