Thread: Rate this team!!

The Great One

Default Rate this team!!

Just acquired at the start of the summer- insane amount of trades- lol!!

Its a roto league with standard GP limits at each position. Cats seem to be- G A +/- PIM Sog PPP Hit Block and I think added bonus for D scoring although Im not sure how that works yet- will EDIT when I get confirmation. G stats are W GAA and SV% with wins being the only volume reliant stat (which bugs me- lol). Weve got up to three spots any given night but you eat into your flex skater spot and you never get extra games played which caps out at 164 (2 G spots). We do 9 forwards, 5 skaters and one flex skater. that flex skater does not add to your GP- just a spot to get in primo matchups if you need them.

Roster is:

Forward + Flex

Hall
    Pastrnak
    Panarin
    Gudreau
    Tarasenko
    Skinner
    Gallagher
    Laine
    DeBrincat
    Dadonov

* Ive got three bench spots which are currently JT Miller, Duchene, and Schwartz. Nylander only has like 4 games before I have to move him up so Schwartz likely getting the old heave ho. The other thing is Ive got a couple of young guns in RNH, Barzal Keller and Hischier chomping at the bit to get up. I like my active roster mostly but I think Nylander and Keller need to be promoted pretty quickly. On top of that I am well covered if the injury bug hits.
    Defense

Burns
    Letang
    Subban
    Hamilton
    Hanifin

* Im not using any bench spots for D but I have Morrissey who projects very well this season and Heiskanen whose a beast. The only issue is that Hanifin cant be demoted. Depending on their starts I might promote Heiskanen in a hurry and just keep Morrissey as an ir replacement.

Goalies

Bobo the Clown
    Hellboy
    Rinne

* We have 5 bench and unfortunately I have to use two on goalies- Mrazek and Optimus reim. if Im overplaying here ill drop Reimer in a real hurry.

After that i still have some badass prospects in Caufield, Yamomoto, Thomas, Bemstrom, Texier, Mikheyev, Hirose, Niku and Schuldt.

Thoughts?? I feel like this team is a contender out of the gate- 10 team roto...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rate this team!!

I like your team a lot. Nylander moving up is a must as you say and Schwartz does seem to be the guy to drop. Barzal and Hischier should also be on the active roster as well and Duchene and JT Miller would have to hit the road. Hanifin would also have to go for Morrissey as I feel he is due to breakout this season. Heiskanen would be a nice add as well, but don't see another drop at defense. Your Goalies I would stick with. As for the young guys I really like Texier as well as Caufield.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

The Magnificent One

Hate to break it to you, but Heiskanen is not a beast. He's actually a drag in multicat due to his woeful hits and blocks.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but Heiskanen is not a beast. He's actually a drag in multicat due to his woeful hits and blocks.
    This, I'd trade him rather than roster him in multicat.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.