Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kucherov for Hughes, Forsberg and Josi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kucherov for Hughes, Forsberg and Josi

League in signature.

Except for our 8 keepers and 10 minors, we’ve dropped all our players back into the re-draft pool.

I’ve been talking with the Kucherov owner and he really wants Hughes and also needs some other picks as his first pick isn’t until Round 7 of our draft. He said he’s be willing to give me Kucherov for my 1st overall, 6th overall and 9th overall. Because I own the first 6 picks in the draft, as well as the 9th, I know who I’d be taking in the draft (tonight) with those picks and can safely say it will be Hughes 1st, Forsberg with the 6th, and Josi at 9th.

Therefore, should I make the trade? Kucherov for Hughes, Forsberg and Josi.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Kucherov for Hughes, Forsberg and Josi

That seems like a decent amount in return for Kucherov. I would make that trade.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    That seems like a decent amount in return for Kucherov. I would make that trade.
    I’d be the one getting Kucherov. So assume you are saying I shouldn’t trade away three legit players.

Big Daddy

That’s a high price to pay for one player but considering it’s a limited keeper it will be worth your while. Can you talk him into a 2nd Round Pick rather than 9th overall so you can still get Josi?

Dobber Sports Icon

No way I would do this. With those 3 guys you’re loaded for this year AND will have lots of assets with which to trade when when considering next years keepers. Kucherov is the bomb, but you don’t NEED him with your situation.

Either that, or ask him to give you another asset in addition to Kucherov, maybe a Dman.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not many times you see the consensus of not getting Kucherov, so thank you. I thought I was paying a lot. With my aging core, I like Hughes who can be a free keeper until 83 games played.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Considering you only keep 8, I would be inclined to make this deal. Forsberg and Josi aren't even going to be keepers for you. The big question is, can you draft for this year to fill the void Josi will leave on your roster?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Considering you only keep 8, I would be inclined to make this deal. Forsberg and Josi aren't even going to be keepers for you. The big question is, can you draft for this year to fill the void Josi will leave on your roster?
    I should be able to. I have 7 of the 12 1st rounders, 6 of the 12 2nd rounders and the first three 3rd rounders in our 16-round draft.

I’m more worried about my aging core as Kane, Wheeler, OV and Burns will need to be replaced soon.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I should be able to. I have 7 of the 12 1st rounders, 6 of the 12 2nd rounders and the first three 3rd rounders in our 16-round draft.

I’m more worried about my aging core as Kane, Wheeler, OV and Burns will need to be replaced soon.
    Kucherov replaces Forsberg, which is a huge upgrade. You lose Hughes but that's the price you pay for Kucherov. I think you ageing core is going to be good for at least 2 more years.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Kucherov replaces Forsberg, which is a huge upgrade. You lose Hughes but that's the price you pay for Kucherov. I think you ageing core is going to be good for at least 2 more years.
    Forsberg wasn’t a keeper for me. I would be drafting him tomorrow with the 6th overall I’d be giving to get Kucherov. My 8 keepers are bolded in my signature. Those 8 are my team thus far. Hughes would be the 1st overall I have and Josi the 9th overall I have.

The actual trade is Kucherov for my 1st, 6th and 9th overall selections. I’m just putting a name to the draft picks for context because I actually know who I will be taking with those 3 picks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Forsberg wasn’t a keeper for me. I would be drafting him tomorrow with the 6th overall I’d be giving to get Kucherov. My 8 keepers are bolded in my signature. Those 8 are my team thus far. Hughes would be the 1st overall I have and Josi the 9th overall I have.

The actual trade is Kucherov for my 1st, 6th and 9th overall selections. I’m just putting a name to the draft picks for context because I actually know who I will be taking with those 3 picks.
    I meant the replacement comment for this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Imo, don’t make this deal now. Make it during the season if you want to. But you’ve clearly stockpiled picks to take a run this year.

Your original 8 keepers are really solid. I don’t see Kuch as being THAT big of a upgrade on Wheeler to do this.

Take Hughes and the other guys. Win this season. You’ll be able to make a similar deal in the season imo
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Jedi

this is where I'm at.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

due to keep 8 I definitely do this deal, it may be a step back this season but could be a massive leap forward, id always negotiate and try and get a pick back

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do this because frankly, you are so loaded and get first round picks that other owners hand out like candy on Halloween, it should be fine.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.