Thread: 1 year league - Your thoughts on my draft?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default 1 year league - Your thoughts on my draft?

My plan with pick nr 8/10 was Burns and then Vasilievsky but Vas was picked nr 11 and Marchand slipped. So I figured I drain D with 3 straight picks after that. My FW is in bottom in projection, I sacrificed that to try to get stronger overall, might be a bad move. Your thoughts for a penny

Roto 10:
    G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, PIM, HIT, FW, BLK, W, SV, SV%

C
    Zibanejad
    B.Schenn
    M.Backlund
    Athanasiou

LW
    Marchand
    Huberdeau
    Hoffman

RW
    Wheeler
    Atkinson
    D.Brown

W
    Lee
    Mantha

D
    Burns
    Carlsson
    Letang
    Hamilton
    Chabot
    Hronek

G
    Holtby
    Dubnyk

BN
    JVR
    Gusev
    Hagg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 1 year league - Your thoughts on my draft?

Definitely like you said your Defense is your strength and your Goalies are decent as well. I also don't mind your Wings, but your Centers are a bit weak in my opinion.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    Definitely like you said your Defense is your strength and your Goalies are decent as well. I also don't mind your Wings, but your Centers are a bit weak in my opinion.
    I'll second that. I think you could move a winger like JVR or Hoffman for an upgrade on Backlund.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i agree with others your pretty good at winger,goal and def but i would def try and make a trade to upgrade your center postion

Dobber Sports Superstar

Really nice team overall with good category coverage. Centres are the weak spot, which is the best place to have a weak spot. Might need to add a 3rd goalie if you have a GP target to get to.

How many of each position do you roster and is it daily lineup changes? If so you should not be fine with the roster you have. Looks like a top-3 team to me.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Esken View Post
    My plan with pick nr 8/10 was Burns and then Vasilievsky but Vas was picked nr 11 and Marchand slipped. So I figured I drain D with 3 straight picks after that. My FW is in bottom in projection, I sacrificed that to try to get stronger overall, might be a bad move. Your thoughts for a penny

Roto 10:
    G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, PIM, HIT, FW, BLK, W, SV, SV%

C
    Zibanejad
    B.Schenn
    M.Backlund
    Athanasiou

LW
    Marchand
    Huberdeau
    Hoffman

RW
    Wheeler
    Atkinson
    D.Brown

W
    Lee
    Mantha

D
    Burns
    Carlsson
    Letang
    Hamilton
    Chabot
    Hronek

G
    Holtby
    Dubnyk

BN
    JVR
    Gusev
    Hagg
    Solid roster.

Bold - ''My FW is in bottom in projection, I sacrificed that to try to get stronger overall, might be a bad move'' - Leagues with FOW are my specialty and I have to tell you that the damage is done. You can trade one of your D and/or wingers to upgrade your FOW category but it will be to little too late for that. Focus on the other cats.
    Devils & Predators fan