Thread: 15 and Interested in Playing Hockey

Banned

Default 15 and Interested in Playing Hockey

I’ve been an avid hockey fan for most of my life but only last year did I begin to ice skate. As of now I’m pretty decent with my edges and crossovers, however I continue to have difficulty with my reverse crossovers. My local rink hosts Baseball Phone Cases stick and puck sessions which I plan to attend. However, I’m not sure how exactly to go about the next step. What should I do?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 15 and Interested in Playing Hockey

The more you get on the ice the better, and it sounds like you're making good progress. I think the best thing you can do is getting into practice/skrimmage sessions where you get to learn in a game environment. That's how I have found you end up learning fastest.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Youtube?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with Eskimo Brother practice and get to on the ice as much as possible. When I was your age in High School I participated in 2 sports. I played Field Hockey which was a sport I just started while in High School and Softball which was a sport I had played since I was much younger. Softball of course came much easier to me because I had practiced many years at it while Field Hockey was much harder, but I practiced at it and by my last year of High School I was named Co-Captain of the team and was All County. So practice is the answer.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Genius

Practice? Man we talking about .... practice?? (sorry AI reference, had to) Yes practice makes near perfect.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    I agree with Eskimo Brother practice and get to on the ice as much as possible. When I was your age in High School I participated in 2 sports. I played Field Hockey which was a sport I just started while in High School and Softball which was a sport I had played since I was much younger. Softball of course came much easier to me because I had practiced many years at it while Field Hockey was much harder, but I practiced at it and by my last year of High School I was named Co-Captain of the team and was All County. So practice is the answer.
    Good advice right here.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Here is a pretty good youtube video on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew22URwQAKg

Good luck and have fun.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,