Thread: What does everyone think about this trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What does everyone think about this trade

12 Team keeper league. Points only. Goalie wins 2 pts and shutout 2 points.
    We drop 8 players at end of the year so in my signature you will see my team after drops have been made.

I won last year but we have a very unique cap pool. Players points from the previous year count towards the cap the next year.
    So in order for my team to fall under the cap this year I have had to trade some players away like, bobrosky, bergeron, Giordano, Atkinson to name a few.

I think I got some decent return. I now have Johansson, Palmieri, Galchenyuk, Schwartz that are cheaper cap and might have some good upside.
    Buff gonna hurt me but can't control that situation.

Anyway I have another offer on the table:

My Point and A.Boqvist on my farm team

for his Tarasenko and O'reilly.

I think I still have one of the top 3 teams in the league but you never know.

What do you guys think? I kind of like it but also really like Point? Am I weakening my core keeper players moving forward? Is this good enough return
    to strengthen my position this year and future 2-3 years?

Thanks for all your input. If you need any more details please let me know. Cheers!
    c- Tavares, Aho, Drouin ,Schenn, RNH
    lw - Toffoli, Pacioretty, M. Marchment, Rust, Vatrano
    rw- Ovechkin, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Duchene, Zuccarello
    d- Q. Hughes, Letang, Pietrangelo, Fowler, Hanafin, Matheson

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Rookies: Kulich, Lysell, Nazar, Simashev, Mintyukov

Drop 8 players at the end of the year. No maximum/minimum games played. All players in line up every night

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: What does everyone think about this trade

I love Galchenyuk this season. I think overall you have a well rounded team. Like you said Buff could be a sticky situation if he does not report or retires.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

I understand this is probably a little in depth but any advice would really be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    I love Galchenyuk this season. I think overall you have a well rounded team. Like you said Buff could be a sticky situation if he does not report or retires.
    Thanks for the reply! What do you think about the trade offer?

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Drop 8 players at the end of the year. No maximum/minimum games played. All players in line up every night

Anyone?

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Dobber Sports Titan

What are the rookie/farm system rules like?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    What are the rookie/farm system rules like?
    Once a player turns 22 or has played 82 NHL games they have to go in your lineup.

Or you can put rookies in any time but once you put in they can’t go back in rookie lineup
    Even if they get sent to minors.

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Dobber Sports Titan

The trade seems to make sense for you. Is the cap directly related to the points production from previous the previous season, or is it part of a formula including GP, or anything else?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The trade seems to make sense for you. Is the cap directly related to the points production from previous the previous season, or is it part of a formula including GP, or anything else?
    Cap system only includes previous season points. Games played does not matter. However minimum cap a player can have is 25. So if player got 15pts his cap hit is 25.
    Also rookies cap hit is 25pts if they haven't played before.

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sent you a message about the trade. I do think you are getting good return in the trade and it seems to work for you.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Big Daddy

Interesting setup. What is the cap and how much space do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Interesting setup. What is the cap and how much space do you have?
    The way it stands now without the trade I have 306 cap points left to draft 8 roster players which averages out to 38.25 per player

If I do the trade I will have 253 cap points left to draft 7 players giving average of 36.14 per player which is fairly close.

We have already done our drops so now we can do 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trades heading into draft. Just means that you might have to draft more players
    or less players at draft. So this trade does have advantage off the bat that I only need to draft 7.

Minimum cap points are 25. So if player got 15 points last year they are worth 25 cap. Also rookies are worth 25 points if they have not played NHL game yet.

Some players I'm targeting heading into draft:

Neiderreiter 53 points
    E. Kane 56 points
    Jesper Bratt 33 points
    Heinen 34 points
    Will Butcher 30 points
    Gardiner 39 points
    Quick 25 points
    Raanta 25 points

Just thought I would throw that in

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Big Daddy

The way this league is set up makes this trade extremely difficult to grade. I think I would want Point and have more cap points to work with heading into the draft. Then again it seems like depth is what will win you this league. Sorry I can’t be of much help but I really can’t decide either. Gun to my head I think I’d just keep Point.

Good luck. Let us know how this plays out, very interesting.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not personally a fan of the deal for you. While I think Point's cap hit is going to be tough this year - there's a chance that, due to the hip injury and a bit of natural regression, he becomes a MAJOR value for you in 1-year's time. I also think that in a points-only set-up, there's a good chance Boqvist delivers for your team before his farm eligibility runs out. That's a nice add to have... kinda like having Q.Hughes on your farm when Buff decides he might retire

I do like getting Tarasenko back - but not at the cost of Point/Boq. I'm also not that confident ROR will get any better points-wise, so your cap hit this year will be high and moving forward, probably won't provide you any additional "value". He's a bubble keep/re-draft kind of guy on a contending team imo.

At the end of the day, if you're good/lucky enough to find a solid cap value replacement guy this year, then Point's cap + replacement player cap won't be hugely outdone by ROR/Tank's cap hits from a points-per-cap perspective.

Yeah you'll probably "lose" a little on that this year... but... moving forward, I think you position yourself MUCH better keeping Point and Boq.

Interesting league set-up - good luck!
    YL
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Superstar

Big win for you this year (assuming you don't have to drop anyone else). Two 70 point players for an 80-90 point player (who is injured and won't produce that much this year) and Boqvist who will be good, but not for 2-3 years means this gives you a great leg up this year to win.

Mid-Term: It evens out as you have to use two keeper slots, likely replacing Pacioretty, Yandle or Johnson, so it ends up as Tarasenko/O'Reilly for Point/Johnson, but Boqvist on your farm. Makes it a lot closer, but I think you're still slightly ahead here.

Long-Term: It's the other way. Point and Replacement will likely be equal or outperforming Tarasenko/O'Reilly and Boqvist will likely be contributing.

Up to you from there. I think I do it as the short-term gain is big, equal for the foreseeable future and who knows what's going on in 2-3 years.