Thread: Vasi or Bob and Hart?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Vasi or Bob and Hart?

Hey guys. Havent come here for advice in a while but I know youÂ’ll steer me right. Have the potential opportunity to trade my Vasi for his Bobrovsky and Hart. I would have to throw in a skater to make it happen, but my skaters are deep so lets ignore that for the moment. Would you rather have Vasilevskiy or Bobrovsky and Hart? My other goalie on roster is Lehner. Categories are Wins, Save% and GAA. This is a dynasty league and all goalies involved are very cheap to keep long term.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Vasi or Bob and Hart?

If the skater you would be throwing in is a minimal say 4th line Center or Wing than I'd say do it.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm also curious on what kind of skater you have to throw in, but I the more important thing I want to know is how many teams there are in your league, and how many goalie spots you have to use daily.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

I wont do it if the skater I have to throw in is a very valuable one. More just looking to analyze whether Vasi and Lehner or Bob, Hart and Lehner is the better goalie combo to have. 12 teams in the league, start 1 goalie per day, need 3 starts per week for rate stats to count.

Dobber Sports Titan

If that kind of setup I would just keep Vas and Lehner. Use the extra bench slots to stack for skater peripherals.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks man. That is my instinct too, and why i wasnt too focused yet on the skater throw-in.

Dobber Sports Pro

One more question for ya. If i can either add crawford to secure all hawks starts or add varlamov to the mix, which would you recommend? Cost to acquire either shouldnt be too much.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ill also have the option to keep either Raanta or Koskinen, depending on which a trade partner from last year decides he wants as a result of a contingency on a trade we made. EB care to rank Varlamov, Crawford, Raanta and Koskinen for my specific situation as the 3rd goalie in my Vasi, Lehner platoon?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Ill also have the option to keep either Raanta or Koskinen, depending on which a trade partner from last year decides he wants as a result of a contingency on a trade we made. EB care to rank Varlamov, Crawford, Raanta and Koskinen for my specific situation as the 3rd goalie in my Vasi, Lehner platoon?
    Varlamov, Crawford, Koskinen, and Raanta.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks Eleasha!

Dobber Sports Titan

I would rank them in the order you have listed.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Im smashing that accept button. Go get Bobrovsky and Hart!
    Devils & Predators fan

Big Daddy

One more question for ya. If i can either add crawford to secure all hawks starts or add varlamov to the mix, which would you recommend? Cost to acquire either shouldnt be too much.
    With only one goalie start slot I’m keeping Vasilevskiy and adding the Chicago handcuff.

The Great One

Keep Vas in a start 1G. I'd rank Varly, Raanta, Crawford, and then a toss up between "Koskinen" and "nobody".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Answering various questions:

1. Raanta over Koskinen if you have the choice. Empty roster spot over Koskinen if that's the choice.
    2. I think both Varlamov & Crawford are in timeshares, and I like the Islanders defensive system and Varlamov's health situation better. Can't fault you if you want Crawford to lock up Chicago, though.
    3. I'd take Hart & Bobrovsky. This is dynasty, and I suspect that as much as value as Vasilievskiy has to get those two guys, they are much much more likely to grow their value. The issue is how much roster space do you want to use on goalies ?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.