Thread: Simple - Gibson or Hart?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Simple - Gibson or Hart?

League counts Wins, GAA & Save %. Can keep either for several years.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Simple - Gibson or Hart?

Gibson.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

Second for Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here is my take on this and I think this is a tough call. I think both teams are pretty equal with both teams with decent Defenses. I definitely give the edge to Gibson for NHL experience, but I give the edge to Hart for having a higher ceiling. I will go with Gibson here in the end because I do feel Anaheim will have a slightly overall better offense with the likes of Kase and Rakell who I think will have big seasons. I also think Max Comtois will make an impact this season.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

The Great One

I'm going with Gibson - he's a top goalie now and soon the team will improve. Hart could be special, or could be a one year wonder.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Hart all day. I don't understand all these Gibson votes. The Ducks are terrible! Yes worse than the flyers! Hart is a stud to be. Much like what Gibson was suppose to be. Suppose I should say something in why....so no one in the NHL scored fewer goals than the ducks last year. Wins will be hard to come by
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    Hart all day. I don't understand all these Gibson votes. The Ducks are terrible! Yes worse than the flyers! Hart is a stud to be. Much like what Gibson was suppose to be. Suppose I should say something in why....so no one in the NHL scored fewer goals than the ducks last year. Wins will be hard to come by
    I see your point +1 on that. My point of view is that even for a terrible team Gibson was still able to give you solid sv% and gaa every year. Gibson was the only goalie to finish with above .920% 3 years in a row prior to the last(.917)
    How many more wins can Hart get to compensate for the sv% and gaa?
    Dont get me wrong, I think Hart could be a top 5 goalie but Im still on John Gibson's train.
    Devils & Predators fan