Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final offer - I値l rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Final offer - I値l rep

My keller, 2 in 19 and 3 in 20 for Hall. It was originally 2 in 20 and 3 in 19, but other gm wanted higher pick in 19 instead. I値l be left with 1, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7 in 19 and 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8 next year. I then have the option to maybe move a 3/4 to get a 2nd back, but might have to be from 2019. Thoughts on both trades? I壇 have Draisaitl (4), Hall (3), Barkov (3), Boeser (2) and Hart (R). I obviously won稚 have an expiring contract, but if Hart proves himself to be keepable as soon as after this season, I can see about moving a Boeser for a pick or something, or doing a 2 for 1 of some sort. Not worried about that right now, just curious what you壇 prefer between Keller and picks vs Hall.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Final offer - I値l rep

Definitely Hall over Keller, but those picks seem a little steep. Those are redraft picks after the keepers I assume? So at most the top 70 are off the board?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Definitely Hall over Keller, but those picks seem a little steep. Those are redraft picks after the keepers I assume? So at most the top 70 are off the board?
    Correct, 13 teams x 4 keepers, 1 team x 5 (forfeited a 1st as he had 5 contracts due to a trade). Plus majority of teams have a rookie carry over, q Hughes, Makar, etc. I知 not as worried about a 3 in 2020, it痴 2 drafts out, and just thought since limited keeper go for the best keepers right? All in all, If say I did both trades, could end up with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8. And then 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8 next year. If I just do the Hall one, I値l have no 2 in 19, and no 3 in 20. But at least I have extra picks coming beginning next round.

Dobber Sports Star

That's a bunch of good picks to lose. Hall is obviously superior to Keller at this moment, and in these leagues with small numbers of keepers, getting the best keeper is a huge factor. But I'm leaning Keller side on this one.

Dobber Sports Titan

After thinking about it a bit, I would take the initial offer, and not do the secondary trade with the picks. If you're confident in your drafting, I think that's the best way forward.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    After thinking about it a bit, I would take the initial offer, and not do the secondary trade with the picks. If you're confident in your drafting, I think that's the best way forward.
    That痴 true, it痴 just hard sitting from 7 to 37, but I pick 37, 40, etc, so I値l have a bunch of picks in rounds 3-5, and I値l finish in round 7, so still 2 rounds early. The only d keepers are karlsson, burns, then some rookie carry overs (dahlin, Heiskanen, Hughes, Makar), and only goalies not available will be Hart and binnington (rookie carry overs), so the best goalies, and #3 ranked d and lower are available, vs forwards it痴 the guys like Couturier, Zibanejad, Larkin, Benn etc. So from a strategy perspective, how would you approach it with no 2nd vs if I hang onto my 2nd? I壇 rather not wait till Rd 3 for a forward, I壇 Prefer to wait on d or goalie, but then if Vas or Carlson are there at 7, hard to pass on 1 of them too. If I could get guys like bob or Andersen or Josi or klingberg in 3rd round, i壇 Be happy with a forward in 1st. It痴 just that there will be drop off between Picks 7 and 37, so I値l have to try and make best of it still. I even think Grubauer/Hart would be a solid combo if I needed too, i壇 prefer to not have 2 guys in same tier but just mean if I was in a pinch. I just want to fill out starting lineup with 1 goalie, 2 d and 3 forwards as best I can.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

that is a tough call, many think keller will break out this year and he could very well. Hall is awesome when he is healthy.. question is will he play a full season?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    That's a bunch of good picks to lose. Hall is obviously superior to Keller at this moment, and in these leagues with small numbers of keepers, getting the best keeper is a huge factor. But I'm leaning Keller side on this one.
    But what about if I just do the 2 in 19 and 3 in 2020? Dunno if you池e talking about the pick swap too, or just the Hall keller and picks part.

Dobber Sports Pro

I could probably get Forsberg for Keller and a 2, but I think Hall has a higher ceiling than Forsberg, and Keller could outpoint Forsberg, even though less goals. Hall and Forsberg in different tiers entirely

Dobber Sports Jedi

With the potential of Hall getting injured... Keller could outpoint Hall too
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    With the potential of Hall getting injured... Keller could outpoint Hall too
    Hmm, now I知 second guessing it lol. People just seemed down on Keller last year, and it reflects in the rankings. Hall is a Top 20 keeper, Keller is ranked down in the 60s I believe. There is also a possibility Hall stays healthy and puts up 80+, and Keller is between 50-65 (See Mack痴 post rookie years up until his 90+). Mack obviously did a huge jump to 90+, but he showed big upside as a rookie too. Wouldn稚 you say just in a vacuum, you壇 Rather Hall if going for it? I mean I致e got a team that can compete for money spots now. There are a lot of what if痴, haha

Dobber Sports Jedi

You won't know if you can compete to win until post-draft in a keep 4 +R.. it's almost a full reset every year.

In a nut shell Hall > Keller If you have extra picks to play with... then getting the better player is the smart choice.

I personally would prefer upgrading to someone with a better health track record... but that's me.. others are huge Hall fans.

Dobber Sports Pro

You won't know if you can compete to win until post-draft in a keep 4 +R.. it's almost a full reset every year.

In a nut shell Hall > Keller If you have extra picks to play with... then getting the better player is the smart choice.

I personally would prefer upgrading to someone with a better health track record... but that's me.. others are huge Hall fans.
    I get your points, all valid. While I might be selling Keller low, and thus having to give a 2nd pick, I知 also getting Hall off an injury shortened year so if he goes off this year his price goes up. Doesn稚 draisaitl, Barkov, Hall, boeser, Hart sound sexy? 😇 And My hope is hall stays healthy, maybe he fits my long game, maybe I move him after the year if he does really well, for another wing stud. I think he値l be easy enough to trade, just turning 28. People seem weary of Hall in this thread, i壇 Like to see a Hall huge hall fan jump into this

Dobber Sports Jedi

Here's the flip side no one's mentioned...

If this was 12 months ago - the Hall still holding his Hart Trophy... what are you paying to acquire him??

Can bet your ass it's a lot more than Keller & a 2nd.

#foodforthought

Dobber Sports Pro

Here's the flip side no one's mentioned...

If this was 12 months ago - the Hall still holding his Hart Trophy... what are you paying to acquire him??

Can bet your ass it's a lot more than Keller & a 2nd.

#foodforthought
    True also, and don稚 forget the 3 hey? Either way, I used to own Hall, and traded him for Barkov, worked out for both of us. It was hall痴 mvp season, I sold him in season in 17/18 but before he had a crazy steak. It hurt me a bit for that year, but I wasn稚 going to win anyways, and Barkov tilted it to me last year. Now I知 trying to re acquire Hall lol. I知 probably just over thinking having no 2nd, and the whole waiting bit, since there will be 29 picks between my 7 and next at 37, but I at least pick 2 x in 3 straight rounds once I resume.