Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final offer - I値l rep

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Final offer - I値l rep

People are wary of Hall for good reason. Are you getting an 80-90 point forward or an injury riddled 37-65 point forward.

Outside of the mvp season and a one off in Edmonton for 80 points, he's never had more than 65 points. So, thats 7 of 9 seasons with 65 points or less.

What makes this tricky is that he's a far better player than Keller is right now and he drives offense really well, when he's playing. In two seasons Keller has not missed a game and I've never heard anyone question Kellers motivation (or drunken white avenue stories during the season).

Hall is a high risk, high reward forward. Keller is a developing forward with upside. Honestly, I don't really want either of them in an ideal keep 4 situation.

I'd take Hall over Keller here but I don't like losing the picks. I probably do it with a cringe and alot of hesitation. And I go in knowing that there's a really good chance that having Hall on my roster as a keeper could screw my season in a keep 4. If he stays injury free it's an easy win for you and it will have been worth the pick. Your guess is as good as anyone's as to how it plays out this year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    People are wary of Hall for good reason. Are you getting an 80-90 point forward or an injury riddled 37-65 point forward.

Outside of the mvp season and a one off in Edmonton for 80 points, he's never had more than 65 points in a season. So, thats 7 of 9 seasons with 65 points or less.

What makes this tricky is that he's a far better player than Keller is right now and he drives offense really well, when he's playing.

Hall is a high risk, high reward forward. Keller is a developing forward with upside. Honestly, I don't really want either of them in an ideal keep 4 situation.

I'd take Hall over Keller here but I don't like losing the picks. I probably do it with a cringe and alot of hesitation. And I go in knowing that there's a really good chance that having Hall on my roster as a keeper could screw my season in a keep 4. If he stays injury free it's an easy win for you and it will have been worth the pick. Your guess is as good as anyone's as to how it plays out this year.
    With Hall, I throw the Edm years out the window. Here's why. Until the trade he trained every season at home.. mainly by himself.

When he was traded to NJ - he got pissed of. He switched it up.
    He went to Toronto. Trained all summer with Tavares & Co. & joined Gary Roberts gym.
    A Hart trophy followed.

Until then he had gotten by on natural talent & good looks.. ok, talent alone.
    That extra level or two of commitment was a game changer.
    Haven't heard where he trained this summer.. but gotta think it was Tor considering the previous success & this being a contract year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post

Outside of the mvp season and a one off in Edmonton for 80 points, he's never had more than 65 points. So, thats 7 of 9 seasons with 65 points or less.

What makes this tricky is that he's a far better player than Keller is right now and he drives offense really well, when he's playing. In two seasons Keller has not missed a game and I've never heard anyone question Kellers motivation (or drunken white avenue stories during the season).

Solid info here, still not sure what I知 going now to do lol. Yes, could derail my season or put me squarely in the money, just not sure. I just think in fantasy swing for the fences right? Like based on my keeper group, Hall would fit better; as he could go off for 80+, vs keller and Boeser who are still developing. My group is better right now with Hall replacing one of those guys. I always love picks, and acquired extra but draft is always a crap shoot, and I would have extra after the fact too, just short a 2 this year and 3 next, but depending how year goes can always try to add to my 2020 picks (ie: if the year doesn稚 go according to plan).

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    With Hall, I throw the Edm years out the window. Here's why. Until the trade he trained every season at home.. mainly by himself.

When he was traded to NJ - he got pissed of. He switched it up.
    He went to Toronto. Trained all summer with Tavares & Co. & joined Gary Roberts gym.
    A Hart trophy followed.

Until then he had gotten by on natural talent & good looks.. ok, talent alone.
    That extra level or two of commitment was a game changer.
    Haven't heard where he trained this summer.. but gotta think it was Tor considering the previous success & this being a contract year.
    I mean throw the Edmonton years out the window, fair enough.
    Even if I do that my answer is the same for the OP.

You still have a very questionable season ahead. In jersey he has averaged 61 points per season. One outstanding season and two extremely dissapointing seasons. Like I said, high risk with the potential for high reward. When he's on the ice he's a much better player than Keller at this stage of their careers and probably worth taking the risk in this situation. I just don't love it.

I like your advise of targeting a different player personally.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

This thread is bumping, love if! You guys obviously don’t know my draft, but what would make you more pro picking up Hall here, like in terms of the picks? I’ve mentioned in posts at different times the type of guys available, but what would make you feel less meh about this? I’m leaning towards keeping Keller now, and taking the chance he breaks out, and hanging onto my picks. Whether I’m 6th or pushing for 4th and higher will depend on Boeser and Keller and their progression, and my draft pretty much. No rush to make a move though, I think I’m in good shape. And if Hart plays great this year and proves to be keeper worthy/ready, then I can look into trade options that would ensure I have a slot open to sign him, since at this point I’ll have 2 one year guys going into 20/21. I guess we shall see what happens! In regards to the comment about 61 pts per season, that is a bit deceiving because he's only played 60 games on average, obviously in large part due to 33 GP last year. But yeah, the health is a big concern. Still need him in the line up to compete though, just not sure if I want to take the risk.