Thread: Help me cut 3-4!! Rep!!

The Great One

Default Help me cut 3-4!! Rep!!

This is a very deep league and i got these names by adding a veritable smorgasbord of rookies accross a whole wack of skill levels, leagues and NHL likelihoods- lol! I need to drop three for sure- and maybe 4. It should actually be easy but im haunted by two bad drops to start my tenure in this league. In my first year i dropped Nick Paul because I hadnt heard of him and his name sounded boring- lol! So far hes looking more like a bust/depth player than an impact/scoring line one- but when I did find the tools to research him properly I realized he had significantly more upside (back then) than a lot of guys I kept. In year two I dug a lot deeper but I still misfired when i dropped Evan Rosriguez. I had done a lot of research to find him and was actually kind of proud of adding him but in the end his limited amount of offensive upside and the fact that many people thought his career was "a favor for Eichel" prompted me to make him my final cut. He got snapped up right away and all hes done since is play above his head. Im not saying he'll ver be a star but his caphit along with his compatability with our stats (pims, SHP) make him a lot more appealing than some of the guys i kept. So far I have dropped Zane MacIntyre, Miro Aaltonen and Casey Fitzgerald.

Keep in mind players 2 million and under can be dropped to your farm without clearing waivers so they have a lot more value as injury replacements, hot hands, etc.

heres my farm:here are my considerations:

Antoine Bibeau- i know hes not great but my goalie prospect depth is basically non-existent after Montembault...
    Connor Hobbs- not rated highly but seems to at least be starting to bounceback. hes on my short list right now.
    Dane Fox- dont even remember where I added him- lol! the only slight nod he gets is that id rather cut forwards than D and that i cant remember if he had sleeper potential at one point :P
    Jan Rutta- Was my "warm body" option on defense but his offensive opportunity has seemed to have slipped by and Sekera/Heed become my new "warm body" options- both likely with better upside at this point (and cheaper!)
    David Cotton- i know time is a factor as hes a long ways off but I feel like hes got enough hypothetical upside to avoid this round of cuts.
    Markus Foligno- maybe the same boat as Rutta- was formerly a 'warm body" replacement who could at least hit a splurge of pims to nail down that cat in a week when I had injuries elsewhere. i feel like Hartman/Maroon replace him again with more upside and less $$$. i felt like he was younger- at 28 hes probably not going to break out...
    Michael Stone- Newly Cheap contract at 700k. At 29 and more importantly leapfrogged (several times) on the depth chart hes probably not going to just magically bust out again. That being said he does have that one 36 point season- lol!! Were talking bottom of the barrel here- haha! Just wondering if hes worth keeping over some of these other mooks....
    Tomas Vomacka- predators crease is crowded for the foreseeable future but hes a goalie who has some semblance of upside. that in itself probably gets him over the hump :P

Probably keeping- but figured id put them out for consideration:

Paul LaDue- Had some promise and has not really faltered. Just feel like there are worse guys on my farm.
    Zack Smith- Halfway intrigued what he can do in Chi-town. Our format is mostly points and then randomly includes sogs and SHP so guys who accrue those have added value.
    Andrei sekera- Newly minted at 1.5- even a 30 point pace would be a great farm hand for injury replacement. Could be a new player in dallas. A longshot is still a shot

So...

In typing this out loud- Ive basically convinced myself to drop Rutta and Foligno as theyve been replaced by Heed/Sekera and Hartman/Maroon respectively. That leaves Connor Hobbs as my last halfway contentious drop. I am open to outside opinions and would love to hear any insight regarding these guys. feel free to chime in on this thrilling topic!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Help me cut 3-4!! Rep!!

I would drop Fox, Cotton, Vomacka, and Stone if you want to drop a 4th.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

No Cotton love? Also just curious if Foligno has upside Im mjissing? Or just like Cotton less? i know these assets are getting bad this far down the depth chart- lol! Just respect your insights EB and curious as to the logic...

Dobber Sports Titan

I think I would rather have someone closer to the league like Foligno than years away with a sliver of upside like Cotton. Just my approach though
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

I like the idea of dropping Fox and Cotton. I agree on Vomacka having a small glimmer of hope, but as he's a goalie, you can probably reclaim him later in the year if his season goes well.