Thread: Mrazek for Dubnyk swap!?

The Great One

Default Mrazek for Dubnyk swap!?

Team and league in sig- going to upgrade it today!

The original offer is:

Mrazek, T Johnson, Ho-Sang, 7th
    For
    Dubnyk, Palmieri

Im not totally against that but I feel like Mrazeks upside on Carolina (whose defensive game is beyond reproach) is very high. He can outwin that duel and be cheaper with longer term and less zeroes attached to it- lol! That being said i feel like just throwing in Ho-Sang to close the gap is a lot. He has bounced back quite a bhit at the AHL level and after reading my newly purchased dobber guide- his posessionmetrics look to be subtyl fantastic as well. I countered with Heed (whose really pretty good in this format, CJ Smith (I dont think hell go for that- not enough offensive upside), Sturm (maybe the same issue) or Golyshev (i think Im stuck with him because nobody is waiting four years for a strong maybe whose been described as basically "just better than average"- lol!). My other rebuttal was leaving Ho-Sang in ADDING heed and Nygard (whom hes ecpressed interest in (and is also tearing it up at camp apparently) if he inluded Josh anderson (who were both high on).

My question MAINLY refers to the premise. Is Mrazek/TJ a good swap for DD/Palmieri?? Im contending now. i love DD's consistency and we count wins save percentage AND saves so I like the GP volume as well. Palmieris sogs are excellent but I wonder if hes bumped out of pp1 or at least out of a permanent spot as they finally have enough options that they could cycle different players in until theyre happy with the results. Im definitely giving up upside in net- but the exchange- consistency and Palmieri over TJ should likely be enough right? Right???

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Mrazek for Dubnyk swap!?

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    My question MAINLY refers to the premise. Is Mrazek/TJ a good swap for DD/Palmieri?? Im contending now. i love DD's consistency and we count wins save percentage AND saves so I like the GP volume as well. Palmieris sogs are excellent but I wonder if hes bumped out of pp1 or at least out of a permanent spot as they finally have enough options that they could cycle different players in until theyre happy with the results. Im definitely giving up upside in net- but the exchange- consistency and Palmieri over TJ should likely be enough right? Right???
    Right.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Duby on Minn is a hard one this year... Especially when it's Mrazek and his career of inconsistency added to being the clear #1 on a fast rising team.
    Maybe Minn's retooling won't lead them to being 'that bad' of a team this year.

I think I agree that Palmieri is the decider.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

The counters not working- would you pull the trigger with Ho-Sang added in???

Im leaning towards no- I said Id do heed or CJ Smith and Sturm.

Do it with Ho Sang? It might be this or no deal. if it comes down to that do I pull the trigger for DDs consistency and Palmieri over TJ?

Do it with heed? My second least favorite option- lol! hes said he likes heed but that its probably not as much as i do. I believe heed "bet on himself" with this contract and is going to shhot his brains out to get a big payday on what is likely his best chance to get a big money NHL contract.

Do it with Nygard? He might go for Nygard but I have a really funny feeling he gets exposure to McDavid. ive been saying that since the signing. The wheels on those guys could stretch opposing defenses into an elasticy mess- lol! since then he has played his way into coaches good graces and is looking like L2 might be his to lose. I feel like its just a matter of time before he gets a shot with McD and Im totally getting shades of Dupuis/Crosby- not a style comparison- just in a superstar finding unique chemistry with a guy more traditionally projected in a bottom six role. So id like to keep him and I might just say yes to Ho Sang before i counter with Nygard.

Do it with CJ Smith and Nico Sturm? I feel like this is actually a pretty decent offer. Yes there upside is likely less than that of a Ho Sang but they look NHL ready and should contribute accross the board. afforadable players who fill out multiple categories are important in this league and each of these guys do have some offensive punch in their game. id like to do this one but it might be the part that fizzles the deal...

The Great One

Like Kuznetzov said after the verdict about his suspension was handed down... bump?

Dobber Sports Ace

I traded my Dubnyk for his Mrazek, straight up, this off-season. We don't count saves, but we play in a salary cap league (real life salary cap).

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I traded my Dubnyk for his Mrazek, straight up, this off-season. We don't count saves, but we play in a salary cap league (real life salary cap).
    Ok sweet. we do count saves so it probably gives Dubnyk an edge and I like Palmieri over Tyler Johnson. In the end we settled on CJ Smith and a 4th in 2021- which has pretty good value in a full keeper dynasty format like ours. Negotiations went well (for a change- lol!) and I think we carved out value we could both live with. he had originally asked for Ho sang but I feel like Ho sang has enough name power to make one more impact trade. i feel like my roster is pretty dang close now though!