Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rantanen contract

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Rantanen contract

Seems like the sides are about $2 mill AAV apart here

https://www.tsn.ca/report-colorado-a...deal-1.1368725

The Great One

Default Re: Rantanen contract

Thanks for this. I didn't see that article yet.

I've been trying to find as much info as possible about the negotiations with all the RFAs. So as not to hold up submitting our protected rosters, our league is going to decide what salary to assign each of the unsigned RFAs by next Monday. We use info gleaned from articles like this to help us figure out a fair and reasonable salary to assign the players.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Rather have him than Mitch on my team, real or fantasy.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    Rather have him than Mitch on my team, real or fantasy.
    i would like to see how rantanen would do without Mac. i think mitch can make just about anybody better...sure helped he played with world class center but still i think he can drive a line....not sure Rantanen can.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

In summation: Avalanche want to give him Draisaitl's contract, Rantanen wants Marner's contract.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Jedi

and they likely end up somewhere in the low 9's.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't understand why either side can't concede 1 mil to get this shit done and concentrate on actually playing hockey. For regular schmucks this is like me staying home playing XBox instead of going to work over a $10,000 dispute. I know, I know... not the same, but come on!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If this contract is 2 million apart come to a compromise guys and split the difference and get this talent on the ice playing hockey. It is common sense.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't mind the players fighting for what they're worth (or at least telling the agents to). If you thought you were worth $100,000 to do your current job, and your boss was offering you $80,000, even though the comparable wage at other companies is $100K, then why should you settle?

There's points to both sides, but it's not as simple as just eating in the middle. If TB and Point met in the middle with their current #s, Point would only be paid somewhere in the $7.5M range. Definitely not close to market value.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't mind the players fighting for what they're worth (or at least telling the agents to). If you thought you were worth $100,000 to do your current job, and your boss was offering you $80,000, even though the comparable wage at other companies is $100K, then why should you settle?

There's points to both sides, but it's not as simple as just eating in the middle. If TB and Point met in the middle with their current #s, Point would only be paid somewhere in the $7.5M range. Definitely not close to market value.
    That is not market value for Point so they should settle for something in the range of market value for his position and for what he has supplied to that. Do you feel what Colorado's Management and what Rantanen's Agent have come up with are in the range for his market? If so, do you believe they should come to a compromise?

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    That is not market value for Point so they should settle for something in the range of market value for his position and for what he has supplied to that. Do you feel what Colorado's Management and what Rantanen's Agent have come up with are in the range for his market? If so, do you believe they should come to a compromise?
    Not sure if you're aware, but I actually do some contract prediction modelling, and from what I have, Rantanen's market value is eerily similar to Marner's. So I would say Colorado is definitely low-balling him, which is part of the reason I don't mind him holding out. That being said, I certainly understand from the team's perspective, not wanting to overspend on your core and having to work hard on finding bargains for the depth (an ideal model, but as Toronto is showing, it's not easy).

EW also had their projection for Rantanen's market value at around $10M (which was projected above Marner's).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure if you're aware, but I actually do some contract prediction modelling, and from what I have, Rantanen's market value is eerily similar to Marner's. So I would say Colorado is definitely low-balling him, which is part of the reason I don't mind him holding out. That being said, I certainly understand from the team's perspective, not wanting to overspend on your core and having to work hard on finding bargains for the depth (an ideal model, but as Toronto is showing, it's not easy).

EW also had their projection for Rantanen's market value at around $10M (which was projected above Marner's).
    Than you know more than me about this stuff. I agree that Rantanen should be making at least equal money as Marner if not more money as I feel he is a better player. That is the way I judge things when it comes to this sort of stuff. I also look at how I perceive the players value to the future of the team and really other than possibly Mackinnon Rantanen is the most valuable player to Colorado. Even more than Makar. So I do agree that he is worth every penny of what he gets, but we have seen many times before that always doesn't happen. I also love to see the best players on the ice not sitting on their couches.

Dobber Sports Titan

Than you know more than me about this stuff. I agree that Rantanen should be making at least equal money as Marner if not more money as I feel he is a better player. That is the way I judge things when it comes to this sort of stuff. I also look at how I perceive the players value to the future of the team and really other than possibly Mackinnon Rantanen is the most valuable player to Colorado. Even more than Makar. So I do agree that he is worth every penny of what he gets, but we have seen many times before that always doesn't happen. I also love to see the best players on the ice not sitting on their couches.
    Definitely agree on that last point.
    There's just so many different comparables now, that no one knows exactly what the right answer is. Do you go vs the rest of the league knowing different areas have different taxes and internal budget structures? Do you have to take a pay cut because the stars on your current team are underpaid? Is it better to go short term or long term, and if you add years, should the AAV be higher or lower? Lots to go into it, but I do think Rantanen signs before the beginning of the season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Definitely agree on that last point.
    There's just so many different comparables now, that no one knows exactly what the right answer is. Do you go vs the rest of the league knowing different areas have different taxes and internal budget structures? Do you have to take a pay cut because the stars on your current team are underpaid? Is it better to go short term or long term, and if you add years, should the AAV be higher or lower? Lots to go into it, but I do think Rantanen signs before the beginning of the season.
    I sure hope your are correct on that last statement you made. That also goes for Patrik Laine as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

I sure hope your are correct on that last statement you made. That also goes for Patrik Laine as well.
    Laine I'm less confident about