Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holtby vs. Binnington

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Holtby vs. Binnington

Hi everyone,

I’m in a limited keeper league where we can keep up to one goalie. Holtby was the goalie I kept prior to last season. I was fortunate enough to pick up Binnington in the second half of last season.

Who do I go with? Can Binnington continue his play from last season? Will Holtby play better than last season?

Thanks for the input.

The Great One

Default Re: Holtby vs. Binnington

Give me Holtby - still solid and good team, plus playing for a new deal. Binnington has yet to be "the guy" for a whole season, and many a netminder before him has done well for part of a season only to fold when the spotlight was squarely on him as the true #1.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Give me Holtby - still solid and good team, plus playing for a new deal. Binnington has yet to be "the guy" for a whole season, and many a netminder before him has done well for part of a season only to fold when the spotlight was squarely on him as the true #1.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. I prefer Holtby.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It would be Holtby for me. He is the guy who has consistently done it year after year while Binnington has been a half of a year and a playoff star. Go with Holtby.
    12 Team H2H League
    G: Braden Holtby-Was, Matt Murray- Pit, Devan Dubnyk- Min
    D: Victor Hedman- TB, Dougie Hamilton- Car, Josh Morrissey- Wpg, Charlie McAvoy- Bos, Rasmus Ristolainen- Buf
    W: Artemi Panarin- NYR, Vladimir Tarasenko- Stl, Viktor Arvidsson- Nsh, Ondrej Kase- Ana, Jesper Bratt- NJ
    C: Nathan MAckinnon- Col, William Karlsson- Veg, Matthew Barzal- NYI

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I go with proven. tough call but binnington proved when he gets hot he is good but has not proven he can maintain through a whole nhl season. Holtby has

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Hi everyone,

I’m in a limited keeper league where we can keep up to one goalie. Holtby was the goalie I kept prior to last season. I was fortunate enough to pick up Binnington in the second half of last season.

Who do I go with? Can Binnington continue his play from last season? Will Holtby play better than last season?

Thanks for the input.
    For me its yes to both your questions - I think Binnington can continue his play and be like top 5 tp 8 goalie. I also think that Holtby will be a lot better. Who do you feel would be easier to redraft in your league? I would keep the other one.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    For me its yes to both your questions - I think Binnington can continue his play and be like top 5 tp 8 goalie. I also think that Holtby will be a lot better. Who do you feel would be easier to redraft in your league? I would keep the other one.
    It's hard to say. I'm picking 7th every round. I think I'll keep Holtby and take the best goalie available with my first pick.

Dobber Sports Ace

You say up to one goalie... I wonder how many teams and what other skaters you might be able to keep instead of a goalie. If this is a 10 team, you can surely snag a goalie that might do just as well as both Holtby and Binnington. Considering the volatility of the G position, this is something to consider.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You have to go with the guy with has brought it year after year and that is Holtby. You know what you are going to get from him and also he will get you a ton of starts. Just imagine if Binnington comes out of the gate and hits a slump like Jake Allen did last season and then the total opposite happens in St. Louis that happened last year.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Prodigy

what do we get from holtby he has had 2 terrible years

Dobber Sports Immortal

Give me Holtby here. Unquestioned #1 on an elite team. Those are hard to come by.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry. It’s a 12-team league and the goalie stats we use are:
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

We can keep 5 players of any position for only 3 seasons, but we can only keep up to one goalie.

I’ve had Holtby for one season and I wasn’t impressed. I had a bit of a revolving door in terms of my goalies and Binnington was by far my best goalie last season. I guess I’m worried that Holtby will continue to have less than stellar stats.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Nailed it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Who are you cutting to keep a goalie? I might not keep one, depending.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Who are you cutting to keep a goalie? I might not keep one, depending.
    This is my roster before the draft. Looking at keeping Pettersson, Hall, Kucherov, Burns, and Holtby.

12-Team H2H Limited Keeper League
    Keep 5 (1 goalie max) for 3 years
    G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Pettersson, Monahan
    LW: Ehlers Hall
    RW: Kucherov, Stone
    F: Silfverberg (RW)
    D: Burns, Giordano, Gustafsson
    G: Holtby, Binnington

Bench: Nelson (C/LW), Svechnikov (LW/RW), Teravainen (LW/RW), Hart (G)