Thread: Goalie Help Please!!!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Goalie Help Please!!!

Took over a team in a keeper league.. 3 goalies each team, and the top two count for the week. Current team Has Bobo and Korpisalo. My third Goalie options are (that I can afford) Raanta, Schneider, Elvis, Lehner. Who gets the most starts/wins here? I was leaning hard to Raanta at first, but I'm losing confidence with his position..

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Goalie Help Please!!!

Schneider might be the better play here. He ended last season well and will likely get the first crack at a much improved devils team. Raanta its tough to say because Kuemper played so well last year.

The Great One

Schneider - played well second half, has big contract, and Devils should be improved.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree, I would go with Schneider. He is going to be on a much improved squad and at least for the majority of the season the net should be his.
    12 Team H2H League
    G: Braden Holtby-Was, Matt Murray- Pit, Devan Dubnyk- Min
    D: Victor Hedman- TB, Dougie Hamilton- Car, Josh Morrissey- Wpg, Charlie McAvoy- Bos, Rasmus Ristolainen- Buf
    W: Artemi Panarin- NYR, Vladimir Tarasenko- Stl, Viktor Arvidsson- Nsh, Ondrej Kase- Ana, Jesper Bratt- NJ
    C: Nathan MAckinnon- Col, William Karlsson- Veg, Matthew Barzal- NYI

Dobber Sports Star

I'd go Raanta, then Lehner, then Schneider. It depends in part on your categories. If you have more percentage categories, then some goalies who put up better rate stats but don't get as many starts would be more valuable than guys who play more but stink more.

Dobber Sports Icon

Another vote for Schneider.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would say Schneider and/or Lehner. I asked this question earlier today, Why would Chicago get Robin Lehner if they would only use him as a back up to Crawford? After Lehner's stellar season last year they are not going to use him as a 1 time a week starter. They know Crawford is fragile and for now the net might be 50/50, but down the road it will be Robin Lehner's net. As for Schneider though I see him going in the other direction. He will start in the net and go downhill. My suggestion is go with the guy who had a great year last season as he is going to take over that job sooner or later. Lehner is the guy here.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Schneider the Raanta for me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I go from different angle...if u plan to keep korpisalo get Elvis...if not then get both Raants and Lehrer and drop korpisalo
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

Schneider for me. But dont sleep on Raanta or Elvis.
    Devils & Predators fan

Big Daddy

This is tough as I don’t really like any of the option. I’d maybe go with Elvis just so you can have the CLB handcuff. Lehner is the other option I’d consider. Only a matter of time before Crawford gets injured and the net is Lehner’s.

The Great One

Do you have to keep Korpisalo? I think there's a very good chance he ends up a back up. I'd much rather go any of the other 4 goalies on that list (including Elvis, whom I'm rank 4th)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You need 2 goalies, not 1.

If you can take 2 from the Schneider/Raanta/Lehner group, do so. If not, Take Elvis instead of Korpisalo, and whichever of the first group you like, I think I'd take Schneider, as you'll know if you need to replace the goalie again the soonest.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.