Thread: How to rank remaining players after keepers for 1st round

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default How to rank remaining players after keepers for 1st round

Hey everyone,

Trying to get a solid ranking for my first pick in the draft at 9th overall for the league in my signature. 10 team keep 5 league so essentially its the 59th overall pick. Currently leaning on grabbing one of the starting goalies available (who could replace Helle as a keeper next year) but there are a lot of decent options available.

Top players i'm looking at:

Panarin
    Fleury
    Price
    Binnington
    Gibson
    Murray
    Landeskog
    Carlson
    Aho
    Debrincat
    Josi
    Grubauer
    Huberdeau

Hughes and Kakko are there as well but not sure I want to pass up any of these guys for them.

Thanks!
    10 team H2H keep any 5 (bold kept last year) - 11th year - G,A,PPP,SOG,HITS,BLKS, W,GAA,S%
    C(2)-Crosby (IR), Aho
    LW(2)-Svechnikov, Landeskog RW(2)- DeBrincat, Lindholm
    W(1)- RNH F(2)- R.Thomas, Boldy
    D(5)- Heiskanen, S.Jones, Dahlin, Klingberg, Cernak
    G(2)- Hellebuyck, Talbot
    BN(4): Rust (IR), Lee, Andersson, Norris, Markstrom, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How to rank remaining players after keepers for 1st round

Price, Landeskog, and Carlson would be my top three if you want proven talent. Hughes and Kakko are temping though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Carlson would be hard to pass up with E. Karlsson as your only D and with his injury risk that is shaky right now. Price or Fleury would be the Goalies to target and Landeskog is the cream of the crop of the Forwards.
    12 Team H2H League
    G: Braden Holtby-Was, Matt Murray- Pit, Devan Dubnyk- Min
    D: Victor Hedman- TB, Dougie Hamilton- Car, Josh Morrissey- Wpg, Charlie McAvoy- Bos, Rasmus Ristolainen- Buf
    W: Artemi Panarin- NYR, Vladimir Tarasenko- Stl, Viktor Arvidsson- Nsh, Ondrej Kase- Ana, Jesper Bratt- NJ
    C: Nathan MAckinnon- Col, William Karlsson- Veg, Matthew Barzal- NYI

Thanks, hopefully one of those 4 guys fall to me (Price, MAF, Carlson, Landy) if not who would be your next 5 of the guys listed? Weird year for goalies so not sure if I should take one just to make sure i have 2 solid starters, my next pick would be 19th overall (draft doesn't snake).

Panarin
    Binnington
    Gibson
    Murray
    Aho
    Huberdeau
    Debrincat
    Josi
    Grubauer
    Hughes
    Kakko
    10 team H2H keep any 5 (bold kept last year) - 11th year - G,A,PPP,SOG,HITS,BLKS, W,GAA,S%
    C(2)-Crosby (IR), Aho
    G(2)- Hellebuyck, Talbot

The Great One

Price, Aho and Carlson for me.

Next five would be Huberdeau, Panarin, Landeskog, Gibson, and Josi. Debrincat is a tough omit, but you need to take a goalie and another D, I think.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Thanks for the responses, was able to get Carlson at the 9th pick - 1st round ended up going: Hughes - Fleury - Debrincat - Murray - Price - Binnington - Aho - Landeskog - Carlson (my pick at 9) - Huberdeau
    C(2)-Crosby (IR), Aho
    G(2)- Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

Aho, Panarin, Hughes, Josi, Landeskog, Carlson, Price are my top 7 I think. I am a big believer in Hughes though, so that won't be everyones take.
    Followed by this group, Debrincat, Murray, Binnington, Kakko, Huberdeau, Fleury, Gibson, Grubauer.

The risk with Hughes and Kakko is great, bot then so is the possible reward. Panarin should be legit with the Rangers. Landeskog is lucky to have Mack and Rant. He couldn't do what he did last year without them. Josi is do for a big bounce back. Price would be my top GK choice.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you are leaning towards a Goalie than it has to be Carey Price with that pick. Other skaters I really like from that list are Carlson, Landeskog, DeBrincat, Panarin, Aho, and Josi and the two Rookies. The other Goalies I like behind Price are Fleury, Grubauer, Gibson, and Murray.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col