Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keeper decision day looming

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keeper decision day looming

I have to have my keepers locked in a few days. I've decided to go with 4F, 1D and 2G after lost of the advice I've gotten here. I'm keeping Ovi, Matthews, Marner, Malkin, Price, Bob and a D.

My question is this. Does Chabot make sense? I've got to pick one of OEL, Letang, Subban, Jones and Chabot.
    I wonder long term if Jones or Chabot are the best options for my team but who should I pick given the cats my league has...

Thanks for the advice, will rep where I can!
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

The Great One

Default Re: Keeper decision day looming

With those categories, and even with the injury risk, I like Letang. He's a monster when healthy, and if he only misses 5-15 games you should still come out ahead based on the stats of the guy you plug in for him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I may go subban here based on your stats,

id rnchab4th behind Jones, subban and letang for coming season. might even drop Malkin and go 2 d

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I also like Subban here. I think he is going to have a good season.
    12 Team H2H League
    G: Braden Holtby-Was, Matt Murray- Pit, Devan Dubnyk- Min
    D: Victor Hedman- TB, Dougie Hamilton- Car, Josh Morrissey- Wpg, Charlie McAvoy- Bos, Rasmus Ristolainen- Buf
    W: Artemi Panarin- NYR, Vladimir Tarasenko- Stl, Viktor Arvidsson- Nsh, Ondrej Kase- Ana, Jesper Bratt- NJ
    C: Nathan MAckinnon- Col, William Karlsson- Veg, Matthew Barzal- NYI

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The issue I guess is this; next year in the draft I don't hold a pick until the 3rd round. Even then, my picks are bad. I can likely find players to plug the pims and hits cats on D fairly easily. Do I lock up a point producing D man that I can keep going forward for many years in Chabot knowing that I likely won't be able to get him in the future? Or do I take Letang who is the safe bet for this year or even Subban but beyond is certainly not the right choice.
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad

F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

Dobber Sports Titan

Letang is easily my choice.

Also, don't make decisions now based on something that may be relevant in a year. Who knows what picks, players, or situation you're in next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by mjm44 View Post
    I may go subban here based on your stats,

id rnchab4th behind Jones, subban and letang for coming season. might even drop Malkin and go 2 d
    I don't like this idea... losing Malkin could really, really hurt.

I'd keep Letang on D

I'm not sure I get all the PK love. I think people are going to be mildly disappointed that he doesn't put up monster numbers this year. If he hits 50pts owners should rejoice.

Chabot would be option 2 for me. With an argument of keeping Seth Jones instead.

PK would be my 4th D option
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I don't like this idea... losing Malkin could really, really hurt.

I'd keep Letang on D

I'm not sure I get all the PK love. I think people are going to be mildly disappointed that he doesn't put up monster numbers this year. If he hits 50pts owners should rejoice.

Chabot would be option 2 for me. With an argument of keeping Seth Jones instead.

PK would be my 4th D option
    I've got it as Letang/Chabot/Jones as who I'm really looking at. I don't get all the Subban hype and as a D-man on the PP he's very predictable to the point where I think he won't put up the numbers that people want. OEL is going to put up 45 points and 15 goals like he always tends to but that's not enough compared to the other two haha

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would go with Chabot here. Seth Jones would be my second option.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Stud

Letang for me

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After looking at all of the opinions, most people say Letang. Looking at stat comparisons, and future projections Letang should only go down and I kind of see his ceiling now as 60 points but he will fill other cats too. Looking at his injury history it's terrifying beyond the last two seasons, I have the fear that Letang could revert to that.
    Looking at PKs stats trends, I really don't see the crazy hype. Guy is truly overrated.
    I think Jones is prime for a break out season and I could regret it if I don't take him.
    Chabot on the other hand, has elite written all over him and he will be one of the top 3 D in the league in short order. I think that if I don't take Chabot now, I will never be able to get a player like him again unless I hold a top 3 draft choice.

I'm thinking now I'm going with Chabot, Malkin, Matthews, Ovi, Marner, Price and Bob as my keepers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    After looking at all of the opinions, most people say Letang. Looking at stat comparisons, and future projections Letang should only go down and I kind of see his ceiling now as 60 points but he will fill other cats too. Looking at his injury history it's terrifying beyond the last two seasons, I have the fear that Letang could revert to that.
    Looking at PKs stats trends, I really don't see the crazy hype. Guy is truly overrated.
    I think Jones is prime for a break out season and I could regret it if I don't take him.
    Chabot on the other hand, has elite written all over him and he will be one of the top 3 D in the league in short order. I think that if I don't take Chabot now, I will never be able to get a player like him again unless I hold a top 3 draft choice.

I'm thinking now I'm going with Chabot, Malkin, Matthews, Ovi, Marner, Price and Bob as my keepers
    I like your reasoning behind all this.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think you have to look for now and the now pick is Letang. You never know what will transpire during the season with trades that will open up picks for you for next season. Go with Letang right now.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    I think you have to look for now and the now pick is Letang. You never know what will transpire during the season with trades that will open up picks for you for next season. Go with Letang right now.
    I don't think you're wrong but I think people are hasty to deal vets in this league. I got letang for a 2nd last year and think I could do it again.

Dobber Sports Jedi

And if chabot suffers the sophomore slump? Letang is known money
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4