Thread: Tough call on final 3 keepers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tough call on final 3 keepers

Basic 12 Team league counting only goals, assists and goalie wins where we have to dress 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D and 1 G, and draft 10 players in addition to our 11 keepers . Can only keep 3 of the following 4 players:

1. LW Flip Forsberg
    2. D Zach Werenski
    3. RW Blake Wheeler
    4. G Connor Hellebyuk

My other keeper spots are filled with strong players, and I am not worried about lineup balance as there will be lots of talent in the draft available to fill any lineup imbalances I may have with my 11 keepers. I just want the players with the best combination of production and age/upside who qualify as the best keepers. I am leaning towards the order in which they are listed (dropping Hellebyuk given his depleted defence corps and shaky season last year), but am open to feedback.
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tough call on final 3 keepers

In a 10 team league where you start 1 G, I'm dumping anyone not in the top 5 goalies. So I keep Wheeler, Forsberg, and Werenski.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

I am assuming you also keep 2 centers to total 11 keepers?

If it's the league in your signature and you already have Murray then Helley is the easy odd man out from your list. You have it right imo.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Lose the goalie
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I am assuming you also keep 2 centers to total 11 keepers?

If it's the league in your signature and you already have Murray then Helley is the easy odd man out from your list. You have it right imo.
    I'm even okay losing both if that's the case. In a 1G league, you're not rostering more than two. With 10 teams, that means at most 20 goalies are owned. I would stock skaters and roll with whatever bargain goalies I can get, or just redraft the guys I'm dropping.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm even okay losing both if that's the case. In a 1G league, you're not rostering more than two. With 10 teams, that means at most 20 goalies are owned. I would stock skaters and roll with whatever bargain goalies I can get, or just redraft the guys I'm dropping.
    I don't disagree at all. Although I'd like to see the entirety of the OPs team before deciding. My main point was if it's the team in the ops signature there's no way I'm keeping helley.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

id drop werenski, he may be a year or two away still from full fantasy value,

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I don't disagree at all. Although I'd like to see the entirety of the OPs team before deciding. My main point was if it's the team in the ops signature there's no way I'm keeping helley.
    Gotcha, so we're on the same page

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would keep Helle over Murray anyway. Murray's inability to play 50games in a season and both teams looking to finish around the same spot in standings.

I think some would argue Helle IS a top 5 goalie -- but that's the dice roll with goalies right? one year top 5 - next year top 15.. who really knows?

wheeler & Forsberg are the two easy keeps.
    I prefer Helle over Werenski. In a 10tm league I find it hard to keep a Dman that hasn't hit 50pts yet. If you say there are lots of good D going to be available in the draft.. then I'd add to that fish pool.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The OP says this is a 12 Team League. It is a 1 Goalie played league which would seem only to roster 2 goalies. The teams however look like they Roster 21 players with 10 drafted and 10 keepers. I would still only roster 2 goalies, dropping Helly doesn't seem to come as easy with those parameters. Having 2 decent Goalies on the roster does seem to make sense with the roster amount being so large and it being 12 teams not 10. I also see the point though stacking up on skaters as still only 1 goalie is played. Looking at the rest of your team I would either go the drop Helly route or because you have a solid defense you can drop Werenski.
    12 Team H2H League
    G: Braden Holtby-Was, Matt Murray- Pit, Devan Dubnyk- Min
    D: Victor Hedman- TB, Dougie Hamilton- Car, Josh Morrissey- Wpg, Charlie McAvoy- Bos, Rasmus Ristolainen- Buf
    W: Artemi Panarin- NYR, Vladimir Tarasenko- Stl, Viktor Arvidsson- Nsh, Ondrej Kase- Ana, Jesper Bratt- NJ
    C: Nathan MAckinnon- Col, William Karlsson- Veg, Matthew Barzal- NYI

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Colts View Post
    Basic 12 Team league counting only goals, assists and goalie wins where we have to dress 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D and 1 G, and draft 10 players in addition to our 11 keepers . Can only keep 3 of the following 4 players:

1. LW Flip Forsberg
    2. D Zach Werenski
    3. RW Blake Wheeler
    4. G Connor Hellebyuk

My other keeper spots are filled with strong players, and I am not worried about lineup balance as there will be lots of talent in the draft available to fill any lineup imbalances I may have with my 11 keepers. I just want the players with the best combination of production and age/upside who qualify as the best keepers. I am leaning towards the order in which they are listed (dropping Hellebyuk given his depleted defence corps and shaky season last year), but am open to feedback.
    Im with you on this one keeping

1. LW Flip Forsberg
    2. D Zach Werenski
    3. RW Blake Wheeler
    Devils & Predators fan