Thread: Dynasty trade Barzal, 2020 1st Round pick + Poehling for Jack Hughes

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dynasty trade Barzal, 2020 1st Round pick + Poehling for Jack Hughes

Team in sig.

Kakko got taken with 1st pick.

Pick 2 is OTC, this is last chance probably.

Would giving up Barzal, 2020 1st and Poehling or Zadina be too much for Jack Hughes? Is he THAT good?

Barzal doesn't offer much in the FOW area. And not sure if his rookie year was an aberration.

How good will Jack really be?
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Dynasty trade Barzal, 2020 1st Round pick + Poehling for Jack Hughes

where is that 2020 1st likely to land?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Dynasty trade Barzal, 2020 1st Round pick + Poehling for Jack Hughes

Don’t give zadina in that deal but honestly if the 2020 is a lower pick I would do it.

Barzal is going to be good but he does too much himself without the support. Hughes will be much better
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    where is that 2020 1st likely to land?
    Ive been in the finals last 2 years. Won 2 years ago, lost last. So almost definitely picks 13-16.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

The Great One

I'd probably stick with Barzal et al.

Hughes may be better than Barzal long-term, but I'm not 100% sure of that. And in the short-term, Barzal has a clear advantage, imo. To me, giving up all those extra assets on a gamble is too risky.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'd probably stick with Barzal et al.

Hughes may be better than Barzal long-term, but I'm not 100% sure of that. And in the short-term, Barzal has a clear advantage, imo. To me, giving up all those extra assets on a gamble is too risky.
    Ahh interesting. I originally felt the same way. But the reactions I have been getting trying to acquire one of the 1st 2 picks has been getting laughed at pretty much. So I started to think I was the one mistaken. I originally offered Barzal straight up to both owners of picks 1 and 2. Their replies were all "ROFL". So I have been upping my offers. But I still agree with you to an extent, just thought I was wrong heh.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Master

takes a few years before young centers get better at faceoffs so I wouldnt hold that against Barzal just yet .

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Ahh interesting. I originally felt the same way. But the reactions I have been getting trying to acquire one of the 1st 2 picks has been getting laughed at pretty much. So I started to think I was the one mistaken. I originally offered Barzal straight up to both owners of picks 1 and 2. Their replies were all "ROFL". So I have been upping my offers. But I still agree with you to an extent, just thought I was wrong heh.
    This sir... is called draft hype
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't normally go with unproven, but barzal overrated imo id do it if it is not a top 5 pick next year and id try to just do barzal and a first

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's really hard to tell with Rookies coming in. You got guys like Connor McDavid who come into the league and are sure fire hits and become the best player in the league within a year or so and then you have the rest of them. Look at a player a few years back Ryan Nugent Hopkins who everyone was hyping up so much and he certainly is a good player, but hasn't lived up to the hype. Could that be Jack Hughes? I doubt it, but it could be possible. You know what you got with Barzal and he is already a very talented player. What you are giving up is quite a lot for an unknown in my opinion with a really high ceiling, but you never know if he will ever reach that ceiling. I would stick with Barzal and your pick.
    12 Team H2H League
    G: Braden Holtby-Was, Matt Murray- Pit, Devan Dubnyk- Min
    D: Victor Hedman- TB, Dougie Hamilton- Car, Josh Morrissey- Wpg, Charlie McAvoy- Bos, Rasmus Ristolainen- Buf
    W: Artemi Panarin- NYR, Vladimir Tarasenko- Stl, Viktor Arvidsson- Nsh, Ondrej Kase- Ana, Jesper Bratt- NJ
    C: Nathan MAckinnon- Col, William Karlsson- Veg, Matthew Barzal- NYI

Administrator

Hard pass. I'd be asking for Hughes plus all those goodies in return for Barzal not the other way around. Hughes could end up being even better than Barzal but it would also be a very good outcome if he "merely" ended up being as good as Barzal. Also, Barzal isn't done developing so it's also possible that Barzal ends up being better than what he's already shown. This is just a huge premium for the hype of a #1 pick/mystery box and ultimately a sell low on Barzal after a sophomore decline. Run away from these sorts of deals.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Hughes is going to be better than Barzal + Pick 13-16 next year + Ryan Poehling. With that said, I think you are better off to wait until the season starts before making that offer. The value of Jack Hughes will not go up anytime soon so it's probably in your best interest to wait about a month into the season when Barzal has more points than Hughes.

The Great One

Every year there's always so much hype around the top prospects, especially the 1 OAs. That said, it sometimes (often) takes a while for the top prospects to get going. For every Matthews, there are five Hischier's. Hughes will be somewhere between Matthews and Hischier when it's all said and done but right now it's too early to say if he will be closer to Matthews or Hischier.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks all. Going to stay put I think.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.