Thread: Kravstov - thoughts

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Vitali Kravstov - thoughts

Just wondering what people think of him overall? I wasn't really familiar with him, then started looking at rookies that will be draftable in my league and he was on the list.

I heard a video that spoke of him as a shoot first type winger, but is a good playmaker as well.

Guys like J Hughes and Kakko get a lot of hype obviously, and for good reason, along with Makar and Q Hughes. Makar and Q Hughes are rookie carry-overs for 2 teams, and J Hughes and Kakko will go 1-2 in the draft.

Looks like Kravstov will be in the Top 9, maybe even Top 6. Had an assist tonight, saw the video and he looks fast.

There will be many rookies available to draft: Comtois, Merzlikins, Kravtsov, Glass, Zadina, Borgstrom, Necas, Hayton, Batherson, Turcotte, etc.

I did well with picking Boeser going into 17/18, and Hart in season during 18/19.

Who would be the top rookie guys I listed as available or that I might have missed that should get consideration that you'd target in the later rounds of my draft, or keep on my radar during the season?

We have a rookie slot, so can add and drop rookies all season if we like, and use rookie slot (works like IR), and of course carry a rookie over at the end of the season if we so choose. If someone maintains rookie status more than one season, can carry them over more than once, but only case I can remember in 4-5 years of this rule is Pettersson, who was known to be coming to NA 1 year after draft year, so a savvy gm drafted him and stashed him in rookie slot, and is carrying him over for a 2nd time going into this season, then has the option to sign him to 1 or 2 years after the season (as long as he has room). With Boeser, I carried him over from 17/18 to 18/19, and had room to sign him to 1 or 2 years (I'm doing 2). Pettersson had 66 pts in 71 games as a rookie, so obviously the risk was well worth it, and he was a rare find. In general, I find beyond the obvious rookies to get picked at top of draft (ie: J Hughes, Kakko), it's a crap shoot to find one of the next best guys. 126 players total are drafted, so the remaining rookies go later in the draft. Kirril Kaprizov might end like a Pettersson where someone savy will stash him, I’d even consider it with him expected over in 20/21, but I doubt he’s on people’s radar given Pettersson was coming into a Canadian market and where he was drafted (high 1st rd) vs Kaprizov (5th rd). I doubt I’ll stash him if he’s available this draft as he’s more risky, but you never know. If I don’t grab him and he’s still available, I’ll definitely keep him on my radar going forward! Just an interesting name, but I’d Obviously prefer to get a rookie that’ll get games this year and have a chance to put up solid numbers and have that Boeser or Hart type impact, although I know that’s easier said than done lol

There is luck involved, and timing is a big factor too regarding rookies. For instance last year, drafted Zadina way too soon, discovered Hart and had no need for Zadina anymore.

I can look at Dobber's fantasy guide and see upside/3YP, so for instance Hayton at 87 and 65, Kravtsov at 83 and 55, but just curious what people think on here.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kravstov - thoughts

Kravtsov needs time to adjust, he will not make much of an impact this year I feel. With the Rangers you have to keep in mind that anyone not on the top line is being deployed with a questionable center, they're just incredibly thin at the position. The kid has skill there is no doubt but he needs to adjust to the smaller rink and less time to make a decision. He was sprung on one breakaway last night which he didn't convert but you could see the instinct, he knew what he wanted to do with the puck and almost succeeded in his five hole attempt. He tries to b fancy with his stick work but needs to worry more about actually making the plays, nonetheless he's a kid, we all want to be fancy at that age.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Ace

Are they really that thin? With Ziban as c1, they still have Chytl, Lias Andersson, Howden and I guess Strome. Even if we discard Strome that still looks like possibly 4 very good to great centers. Whichever of Chytl, Lias or Howden get the 2c and 3c, this team should have 4 very good lines going forward.
    I even think there’s a chance Chytl or Lias leapfrog Ziban one day.

Maybe not this year, but I think no later than 2 seasons from now, the Rangers should have a very very good top 6. And their bottom 6 shouldn’t be anything to spit at.

If it weren’t for Kakko, I think Kravtsov would be going #3 in many rookie drafts, with Makar probably moving into the 2 spot. Right now Kakko is Kravstovs biggest obstacle.

I honestly think Kravstov is the 2nd best rookie winger in the league. And that’s with guys like Zadina, Tolvanen, comtois maybe (does he count?). Even ahead of Zegras imo long term.

He’s got size, speed and skill. He could turn out as good as Kakko or Panarin.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Superstar

key word "possibly"; that's just it, someone might become a legit #2 center but as it stands now there are no sure things. Really the best option right now is Strome because of experience at the position and he wasn't half bad after coming over from the Oilers. Would love to see one of the kids take the spot but someone proving their ability still has to happen. All these years later I still dislike them trading away Stepan in his prime, if he was still here the team would be that much more dangerous.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Star

Kravtsov seems like he'll be a second-line winger with either PP1 or PP2 time depending on the strength of the other skaters around him. He's definitely behind A-level prospects, some of which you name (Hayton, Necas, Turcotte, Glass.) He's good and will be productive, but not really good and really productive.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Kravtsov seems like he'll be a second-line winger with either PP1 or PP2 time depending on the strength of the other skaters around him. He's definitely behind A-level prospects, some of which you name (Hayton, Necas, Turcotte, Glass.) He's good and will be productive, but not really good and really productive.
    Interesting. So what do you think his ceiling is? I still view him as a possible PPG player in his best years. More likely 70 point player otherwise, maybe similar to Huberdeau with better peripherals. For fantasy purposes I’d think that would still be a top 50 type player or better. Necas has Aho, Svechnikov and Tera to contend with. I’m not sure if Necas would be better of as a wing or center long term. As a center he’s probably blocked by Aho. As a winger maybe he can play on a line with Aho and Svech.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)