Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Dobber Pro - Campbell League

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2019/20 Dobber Pro - Campbell League

Thanks 4T2. Mostly happy with how things went, so I guess I've got to try not to screw it up on the wire!

1 -3 Alex Ovechkin LW
    2 -22 Erik Karlsson D
    3 -27 Blake Wheeler RW
    4 -46 Jake Guentzel LW,RW
    5 -51 Evgeni Malkin C
    6 -70 Dylan Larkin C
    7 -75 Philipp Grubauer G
    8 -94 Oliver Ekman-Larsson D
    9 -99 Joe Pavelski C,RW
    10 -118 Logan Couture C
    11 -123 Rickard Rakell LW,RW
    12 -142 Nino Niederreiter LW,RW
    13 -147 Justin Faulk D
    14 -166 Juuse Saros G
    15 -171 Jaroslav Halak G
    16 -190 Ryan Suter D
    17 -195 Ryan Getzlaf C
    18 -214 Filip Hronek D
    19 -219 Ryan McDonagh D
    20 -238 Tristan Jarry G
    21 -243 Kevin Fiala LW,RW
    22 -262 Roope Hintz C,LW
    23 -267 Elvis Merzlikins G
    24 -286 Max Comtois LW
    25 -291 Brian Elliott G

Went in wanting to experiment with late drafting goalies. In a max GP roto league where most NHL teams are moving more and more to something in between a 50/50 and 65/35 G split, I figure there's all kinds of value to be had in trying to fill out goalie GP closer to the end of a draft. That part worked. The part where I intended on going pretty heavy on D didn't play out. Through the first ten rounds, it really seemed like people had targets. And the result was there was just so much offense left that I decided to draft F over D much more than I was intending.

Very happy with Ovi, Karlsson, Wheeler 1-3. Guentzel over Barkov might end up being a mistake at the end of the 4th. That said, I think Guentzel gets on pp1 and might just end up ranked in the top 10 this year. Malkin in the 5th is a great high-upside gamble. Larkin I'm really high on, and think should finish in the top 25 players this year. Grubby fell into my lap at 75th. Was planning on picking up one of the tandems (greiss/varly or rittich/talbot) that I thought provided good value mid-draft, and fill out with 'backups' late. And figured one of Trouba, Gustaffson, or Dahlin will still be there at 75. Nope, all are sniped. Grubby is the best G option by far, and it's mildly criminal he's still on the board. So I zag a bit.

Needed D, settled on OEL. Upside there with Kessel on the pp, and a team improvement. Decent floor anyway. Wanted more D, and ended up drafting Pavelski, Couture, Rakell, Nino. Just couldn't pass them up. Plan largely went accordingly thereafter, as I was able to snag both Saros and Halak in the 14th and 15th. Missed on Francouz, but gambled on Elvis instead. Should provide more starts anyhow. Elliott and Jarry round out the backup carousel. I'm going to have to be paying attention to make my goalie GP, but that's a micromanaging gamble I'm pretty willing to take. Quite happy to have gotten Getz in the 17th, and Hronek in the 18th. Not ecstatic about Suter, Hronek, McDonagh as 4-6, but it'll do for now.

Good luck all.
    Yahoo 12-team H2H partial keeper league (keep 7 vets + 3 prospects (p = skater <201 gp; goalie < 101gp))

G,A,P,PIM,+/-,PPP,SOG,FW,hits, blocks, W,GAA,SV%,Saves
    Start 3/3/3/5/2

C: Kopitar, P. Suter, Carlsson (p), Lundell (p), Norris
    LW: B. Tkachuk, Stutzle (c), Colton (c), Ehlers
    RW: Rantanen, Caufield (lw), Svechnikov (lw), Foegele (lw)
    D: Dahlin, Andersson, Chychrun, Montour, Sanheim, Matheson, Faber (p)
    G: Talbot, Forsberg, Daws (p), Wolf (p, NA)
    IR: Fantilli, Sergachev, Jeannot, Ingram
    NA: Levi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Thanks 4T2. Mostly happy with how things went, so I guess I've got to try not to screw it up on the wire!

1 -3 Alex Ovechkin LW
    2 -22 Erik Karlsson D
    3 -27 Blake Wheeler RW
    4 -46 Jake Guentzel LW,RW
    5 -51 Evgeni Malkin C
    6 -70 Dylan Larkin C
    7 -75 Philipp Grubauer G
    8 -94 Oliver Ekman-Larsson D
    9 -99 Joe Pavelski C,RW
    10 -118 Logan Couture C
    11 -123 Rickard Rakell LW,RW
    12 -142 Nino Niederreiter LW,RW
    13 -147 Justin Faulk D
    14 -166 Juuse Saros G
    15 -171 Jaroslav Halak G
    16 -190 Ryan Suter D
    17 -195 Ryan Getzlaf C
    18 -214 Filip Hronek D
    19 -219 Ryan McDonagh D
    20 -238 Tristan Jarry G
    21 -243 Kevin Fiala LW,RW
    22 -262 Roope Hintz C,LW
    23 -267 Elvis Merzlikins G
    24 -286 Max Comtois LW
    25 -291 Brian Elliott G

Went in wanting to experiment with late drafting goalies. In a max GP roto league where most NHL teams are moving more and more to something in between a 50/50 and 65/35 G split, I figure there's all kinds of value to be had in trying to fill out goalie GP closer to the end of a draft. That part worked. The part where I intended on going pretty heavy on D didn't play out. Through the first ten rounds, it really seemed like people had targets. And the result was there was just so much offense left that I decided to draft F over D much more than I was intending.

Very happy with Ovi, Karlsson, Wheeler 1-3. Guentzel over Barkov might end up being a mistake at the end of the 4th. That said, I think Guentzel gets on pp1 and might just end up ranked in the top 10 this year. Malkin in the 5th is a great high-upside gamble. Larkin I'm really high on, and think should finish in the top 25 players this year. Grubby fell into my lap at 75th. Was planning on picking up one of the tandems (greiss/varly or rittich/talbot) that I thought provided good value mid-draft, and fill out with 'backups' late. And figured one of Trouba, Gustaffson, or Dahlin will still be there at 75. Nope, all are sniped. Grubby is the best G option by far, and it's mildly criminal he's still on the board. So I zag a bit.

Needed D, settled on OEL. Upside there with Kessel on the pp, and a team improvement. Decent floor anyway. Wanted more D, and ended up drafting Pavelski, Couture, Rakell, Nino. Just couldn't pass them up. Plan largely went accordingly thereafter, as I was able to snag both Saros and Halak in the 14th and 15th. Missed on Francouz, but gambled on Elvis instead. Should provide more starts anyhow. Elliott and Jarry round out the backup carousel. I'm going to have to be paying attention to make my goalie GP, but that's a micromanaging gamble I'm pretty willing to take. Quite happy to have gotten Getz in the 17th, and Hronek in the 18th. Not ecstatic about Suter, Hronek, McDonagh as 4-6, but it'll do for now.

Good luck all.
    Sounds like we had similar ideas. I sniped Trouba and Gustafson and you grabbed both Grubauer and Hronek when I had them queued up to pick next. Nice draft though for sure!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not fully satisfied with my draft, I think I might have left some offense on the board. Many of the players I was aiming for went earlier than I was expecting and in retrospective I probably should have reached a bit more for some players. First time in the Pro league lesson learned.

Going into the draft I was planing to draft wingers and D early. It kind of worked out but many of the multi-cat D/W I was aiming for were picked 1-2 rounds earlier or just a few picks before mine.

1. (10) Patrick Kane (RW)
    2. (15) John Tavares (C)
    3. (34) John Carlson (D)
    4. (39) Matt Murray (G)
    5. (58) Patrik Laine (LW,RW)
    6. (63) Torey Krug (D)
    7. (82) Mika Zibanejad (C)
    8. (87) Andrei Svechnikov (LW,RW)
    9. (106) Anders Lee (LW)
    10. (111) Ryan Pulock (D)
    11. (130) Robin Lehner (Chi - G)
    12. (135) Anthony Mantha (LW,RW)
    13. (154) Josh Morrissey (D)
    14. (159) Ivan Provorov (D)
    15. (178) Corey Crawford (G)
    16. (183) Boone Jenner (C,LW)
    17. (202) Micheal Ferland (LW,RW)
    18. (207) Patric Hornqvist (RW)
    19. (226) Derek Stepan (C)
    20. (231) Jonathan Quick (G)
    21. (250) Josh Bailey (LW,RW)
    22. (255) Duncan Keith (D)
    23. (274) Mikael Backlund (C)
    24. (279) Erik Johnson (D)
    25. (298) Phillip Danault (C)

My goalies are an injury risk, but they should provide good stats when healthy, at least Murray, Lehner and Crawford. My D are solid with a combination of high points and PPP and some other across the board producers , but I think I am a bit thin on offense with my forwards. I see my team as a top half team with a bit of luck.
    12 teams H2H Keeper
    Keep 7 (1 each position, +2 any position but goalie)
    G A P PPP SOG FW HITS BLK PIM W GAA SV% SHO
    Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 4D 2U 2G 5B
    C: Mackinnon Matthews Thomas Bennett Pinto
    LW: Kaprizov Buchnevich (C) Fiala Drouin (C)
    RW: JT Miller (C) Barzal (C) Jarvis (C) Geekie (C)
    D: Fox Hamilton (IR) Nurse Faber Harley Manson Chabot
    G: Hellebuyck Rittich Ingram Lyon Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The draft could have gone better. I kept to my plan of trying to get a G and D within the first 4 rounds. Really reached for Klingberg but it may pay off. Weber at 5 was an autopick as I lost my connection for a few minutes.

Happy with my picks up to round 13, after that everyone I had cued kept getting sniped and I was scrambling to make a pick almost every time. I like my Andrew Shaw pick in round 15, and Cam Talbot could be a steal in round 18 (I hope). I think my D corp is pretty solid and could be really good.

Hoping DeSmith gets claimed off the WW … if not, I will be dumping him on the WW Monday.

1. (7) Steven Stamkos C
    2. (18) Ben Bishop G
    3. (31) Johnny Gaudreau LW
    4. (42) John Klingberg D
    5. (55) Shea Weber D
    6. (66) Matthew Tkachuk LW
    7. (79) Alexander Radulov RW
    8. (90) Devan Dubnyk G
    9. (103) Kyle Palmieri RW
    10. (114) Jeff Skinner C,LW
    11. (127) Max Domi C,LW
    12. (138) Alex Pietrangelo D
    13. (151) Matt Duchene C
    14. (162) T.J. Oshie RW
    15. (175) Andrew Shaw C,RW
    16. (186) Mattias Ekholm D
    17. (199) Ryan Johansen C
    18. (210) Cam Talbot G
    19. (223) Esa Lindell D
    20. (234) Tyler Johnson LW,RW
    21. (247) Pat Maroon LW,RW
    22. (258) Devon Toews D
    23. (271) Craig Smith RW
    24. (282) Brent Seabrook D
    25. (295) Casey DeSmith G

Dobber Sports Pro

Going into the draft, I was debating between two strategies: two goalies early or punt goalies to the later rounds. Let's see how it went!

Dude Where's Makar?
    1. (12) Tyler Seguin (Dal - C): I knew Seguin would be on my team as I kept drafting him in mocks over and over again. I had him as my 5th ranked player so I'm happy with the pick. Would've loved for Pastrnak or Kane to fall as well to combine them with Seguin but it didn't happen.
    2. (13) Frederik Andersen (Tor - G): I decided against punting goalies mostly because it worked well for me last year. I believe Andersen is the best goalie in this format (with Bob) and since 4T2 took Bob, I went with Andersen hoping for Price/Holtby/Fleury once it got back to me.
    3. (36) Braden Holtby (Was - G): Price and Fleury went earlier in the round so happy to grab Holtby. With my goalies set, I thought maybe I'd look for backups much later in the draft but could now focus on skaters. However, I was SO ready to draft Tarasenko but he was sniped just ahead of me. Never thought he'd last this far so I'm not too disappointed.
    4. (37) Kris Letang (Pit - D): I hesitated with Letang. I believe he can be the 2nd best D in this format but health is always an issue. Still, there was many wingers left I liked so I crossed my fingers and hoped a couple would be left at the next turn.
    5. (60) Jonathan Marchessault (VGK - C,LW): I was really hoping Meier would fall but that ended quickly with 4T2 mispick! I set my sights on Giroux/Guentzel/Laine or Marchessault. The Golden Knight is the one that fell to me.
    6. (61) Matt Dumba (Min - D): I considered Stone and M. Tkachuk here but Dumba should be a top 10 D-man if he stays healthy so the value was too good to pass up. He was the only tier-1 (non-Burns) left on my list so I pulled the trigger.
    7. (84) Brendan Gallagher (Mon - RW): I was so nervous Gallagher was going to get sniped but thankfully, he fell to me. My favorite player (Habs fan) and continuously undervalued. He finished as the 47th ranked player in this format last year, happy to have him again!
    8. (85) Brayden Schenn (StL - C,LW): He had a relative down year last season and was still very valuable. I believe he bounces back with Tarasenko. Love this pick.
    9. (108) Sean Couturier (Phi - C): I didn't think I'd draft another C this early but Couturier is undervalued. A 70-point, 200 shots, around 20 PPPs and a decent +/-? I'll take it!
    10. (109) Mike Hoffman (Fla - LW,RW): Was looking for pure offense here and Hoffman should get me that with plenty of shots and PPPs.
    11. (132) Darnell Nurse (Edm - D): Who knows if he'll get some PP time but his TOI is enough for him to stuff the stat sheet.
    12. (133) Mathew Barzal (NYI - C): Again, I wanted to wait longer for C but I felt like this was getting disrespectful for Barzal. If he gets back to the high 60s low 70s, I'll be happy.
    13. (156) Ryan Ellis (Nsh - D): Not the biggest fan of Ellis but one of the ramblers keeps talking him up so as a 4th D, that's fine.
    14. (157) Travis Konecny (Phi - RW): At this point, I'm looking for wingers and more wingers. Konecny is on the Flyers first line and could breakout. Decent pick for me.
    15. (180) Alexander Edler (Van - D): Continuously underrated and going a full 34 picks after the unproven (even if very promising) Hughes, he's excellent in this format. He'll get hurt and miss his annual 15 games but still.
    16. (181) Jason Zucker (Min - LW,RW): Another guy who had a rough year last season. He should bounce back nicely. He's not shooting 5% again.
    17. (204) Ondrej Kase (Anh - RW): Has the potential to breakout but he's very fragile. Already a little hurt to start the year. Love the player and am banking on his upside.
    18. (205) Jaden Schwartz (StL - LW): Another victim of terrible shooting luck. I would've happily drafted the entire Blues first line if Tarasenko fell to me in the third round.
    19. (228) Jonathan Drouin (Mon - C,LW): Urgh, probably my worst pick. And I'm a Habs fan. He'll get me some PPPs I guess.
    20. (229) Tyler Bertuzzi (Det - LW,RW): The Wings first line should be good and they're the only Wings I'd touch. (Except Buffalo or maybe Athanasiou).
    21. (252) Colin Miller (Buf - D): The pickings were slim for a 6th D so I went with Miller who should get some PP time in Buffalo and has a history of decent production.
    22. (253) Lawson Crouse (Ari - LW): Hits, hits, hits, hits!
    23. (276) Travis Sanheim (Phi - D): Possible breakout candidate in Philly but I now realize I drafted 3 Flyers! Never would've thought.
    24. (277) Victor Olofsson (Buf - LW,RW): I'll ride him early in the year since he's skating with Eichel and Reinhart but if he gets demoted or simply shuffled to the bottom 6, he'll be an easy drop.
    25. (300) Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Mon - C): Don't know if I truly believe he'll breakout this year but I took a chance. Would've drafted Suzuki but tweetdrivr snagged him earlier. KK will do.

Overall, I feel OK about this draft. Didn't like it much at first but as I analyze it, I feel better about it. I didn't draft any backups as I felt like the skaters had too much value. Again, it worked well for me last year so I'm not worried.

Good luck to all! It starts tomorrow!

The Great One

I’ll post this here - Hughes has this far stumbled out of the gate. I’ve been tossing some trades out with a wing for a center- trying to target teams who lack depth at wing and have extra centers or who have stat deficiencies already. So far no luck. My main dangles have been Dzingel, R Smith,B Tkachuk depending on who I target. Feel free to send an offer my way that may be decent.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

I sent a trade offer to Owen’s Team a while back with no response. Has this been a pretty hands off GM in previous seasons?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No idea...but sens one to me, I’ll answer!

T-Bone

The Great One

Ok I will! I’ve sent a number of others but everyone else has been quite prompt with their rejections. Much appreciated!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is DennisSteelheads on here?

sent him a message via Yahoo app. No answer.

I am looking to trade one of my goalies in exchange for some help up front.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLemieux View Post
    Is DennisSteelheads on here?

sent him a message via Yahoo app. No answer.

I am looking to trade one of my goalies in exchange for some help up front.
    Which team is yours?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's T-Bone. I reached out this morning. I don't see notifications for Yahoo's chat app and I've rarely used it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Which team is yours?
    T-Bone

The Great One

It’d be good to see someone break the seal and get a trade done in this league.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    It’d be good to see someone break the seal and get a trade done in this league.
    First trade done. Now I need My Rantanen back