Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Dobber Expert - Stanley League

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 2019/20 Dobber Expert - Stanley League

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Enjoy the draft tonight! Hopefully my computer friend will be kind to me.
    You always find a way. Worked out for you last year and seems to have worked in the football league as well! I don't think I'm going to enjoy picking next to you....

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    You always find a way. Worked out for you last year and seems to have worked in the football league as well! I don't think I'm going to enjoy picking next to you....
    Hopefully but we'll see...a much different draft position than last year providing different challenges. Looking forward to seeing if my prep has paid off.

Dobber Sports Icon

Good luck fellas, can't wait to see your draft results so that I can use them to tweak my rankings for next weeks Pro draft Can't wait to finally get the call up next year after two consecutive 3rd place finishes in the Pro conferences.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Good luck fellas, can't wait to see your draft results so that I can use them to tweak my rankings for next weeks Pro draft Can't wait to finally get the call up next year after two consecutive 3rd place finishes in the Pro conferences.
    Haha, same here. I'm very curious to see the results. I don't mind you getting the call next year as long as I'm going with you! Since you changed leagues, that means we're competing against each other this year!

Dobber Sports Titan

EB's Draft Recap.

Overall: Fun draft, less stressful than I thought the Expert's league would be. Having three autodrafters (two who hadn't set their pre-draft rankings) probably made things a little easier than the average year.

Selecting from the 7 spot:
    7) Sidney Crosby. I expected to get one of Burns or Vas here. Vas went early, and Kane jumped into the top 7, so I had to take Crosby. Money in the bank. Didn't want too many Cs early though.
    18/31) Wheeler/Landeskog. Goalies and defence weren't really flying yet, so I was happy to continue stocking up on MC wingers. Both were ranked in my top 12.
    42) Matt Murray. Goalie run started, and he was the top one on my list.
    55) Jaime Benn. Not many D off the board so I'm comfortable waiting one more round for them. Loving my Fs so far.
    66) Martin Jones. Decided I didn't want to miss the secondary goalie run, and I love the volume of wins Jones can bring. His GAA can't be as bad as last year right?
    79) Shea Weber. Happy with him as my D1. And to get a D1 this late I felt pretty good about the draft to this point.
    90) Petr Mrazek. Lots of D left that I liked, and a ton of equal forwards, but only one goalie, so I went with him. That's hopefully 160 starts locked down here.
    103) Ryan Pulock. Solid all-around contributor for my D2.
    114) Josh Morrissey. Bit of a gamble pick, but could be great value after pick 100 as a D3.
    127) Anders Lee. One of those Fs I mentioned that was sitting at the top of my list since I picked Mrazek. Love that he slipped this far.
    138) Willy Nylander. I had tons of hits, so I went for pure offensive upside here.
    151) Andreas Johnsson. Might as well get both of Matthews' wingers.
    162) Jake Muzzin. Solid all around, and D were starting to get thin.
    175) Casey DeSmith. Jumped the gun on the backup goalies, but guaranteed the PIT starts.
    186) Willy Karlsson. Second C. Nice to be able to wait this late for him.
    199) Travis Konecny. Some more offensive upside, and the dual eligibility is nice.
    210/223) Justin Schultz/Cody Ceci. The two top Dmen left on my list as things got real thin for the depth D. They have some upside in specific categories though.
    234/247/258/271) Filling out my F depth with some dice rolls: Kevin Hayes/Pavel Buchnevich/Anthony Cirelli/Charlie Coyle.
    282) Cam Fowler was the only D left with PP1 upside. Mixes with Ceci well as a D6.
    295) Jason Dickinson. Why not.

All in all, happy with my draft. Goalies I'm set, skaters I need a little more depth.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya not going to lie.. I don't have the time or the care to go through 300+ players and order a pre-draft ranking. I will just have to live with what I got... Kaapo Kakko!!! I probably never have had rookies on my team, but seems I have a few now...
    I will probably have more fun watching my players this year... less fun watching my team lmao... #PloxPlayBigBuff
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Ya not going to lie.. I don't have the time or the care to go through 300+ players and order a pre-draft ranking. I will just have to live with what I got... Kaapo Kakko!!! I probably never have had rookies on my team, but seems I have a few now...
    I will probably have more fun watching my players this year... less fun watching my team lmao... #PloxPlayBigBuff
    Going to be fun to manage for you I'm sure!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is always a tough draft to prepare for as the teams are so deep, it's hard to find a good way to mock it anywhere. I took a couple run throughs to get a handle on the location of some of the guys throughout the earlier rounds and then it just becomes a complete guessing game in the later rounds as you never know where a guy will go. The Yahoo! ADP in this league means next to nothing.

Picking 5th overall my draft rolled out something like this:

5) Sergei Bobrovsky - Previous years I've shirked goaltenders until rounds 3 or 4 and have found it hasn't worked out for me, so I wanted one early this year, and the 5 spot is a good one to take one of the best. Vasilevskiy was also a target, but he went at 4, so it made my choice easy.
    20) Tyler Seguin - Was targeting Hall here, but Temek took him at 12. Draisaitl was next and he was sniped just before me by HFs auto rankings. Seguin was a bit further down my list, so it hurt a bit, but Seguin is a solid pick at this point.
    29) Claude Giroux - Letang was my target here, but Temek took him at the turn ahead of me again, so I targeted a winger Grioux provided a bonus of multiple position eligibility which might help make things easier later in the draft.
    44) Morgan Rielly - There was a goalie run leading up to this, but I had one and needed a defenseman at this point. Reilly was high on my list, although I don't know how Him and Barrie will interact. I'll hope for the best.
    53) Jonathan Huberdeau - Was targeting Hellebuyck here but he went 2 picks before me. Was happy to get Huberdeau though and I though I'd have a shot at Dubnyk with my next pick.
    68) Carter Hart - No luck on Dubnyk as once again, Temek plucked the top guy from my list at the turn. I don't love the Hart pick, but thought he had the next best chance to put up solid stats of the remaining G.
    77) Rasmus Dahlin - D started flying off the board and my list was once again depleted, so a bit of a panic pick, but am hoping for some upside
    92) Tyson Barrie - Not sure I love pairing Barrie with Reilly, so we'll see how this one turns out. Regardless I have 3 offensively flying D-men at this point.
    101) Rickard Rakell, 116) Nino Niederreiter, 125) Nikita Gusev - Wingers were starting to get really thin so they were my next targets. I wasn't quite prepared with Rakell and Nino, so I think I reached a bit, but like their opportunity to provide stats across multiple categories. Gusev is a risk but was my next highest ranked W at this point.
    140) Nazem Kadri, 149) Ivan Provorov - Was short on C and I like Kadri to bounce back a bit this year in Colorado. I also felt I was short on hits so wanted to target some multi-cat guys with the next few picks and Provorov also seemed to fit that bill.
    164) Jakob Markstrom - It was time to target a 3rd G but another run happened leading up to this pick leaving Markstrom as one of the last starters seemingly without a timeshare. Don't love it, but we'll see how it goes.
    173) Yanni Gourde, 188) Boone Jenner, 197) Mikhail Sergachev - Again targeting some guys that would help with the hits category and still provide some points. Tried focusing on goals throughout the draft as well as opposed to assists as that hurt me last year. Getting a couple TB guys should be good for +/- at this point as well.
    212) Eric Staal - Seemingly one of the best C left on the board, a position I was seemingly lacking at this point (although many of my guys have dual eligibility so positions probably shouldn't have been as much of a priority).
    221) Blake Coleman - Purely a hits pick. I don't know much about the guy, but the projected totals were high so I risked it.
    236) Noah Hanifin - Filling out my D with a steady option that may provide some PPP and Hits.
    245) Roope Hintz, 260) Jordan Eberle - Looking for guys with a shot at PPP at this point. Hintz has updside, Eberle should be steady, although unspectacular.
    269) Sam Montembeault - Bob handcuff. Was targetting Elliott next but Temek once again took him at the next turn.
    284) Alex Killorn - Another TB winger. He's streaky but could pad my stats if I can identify the streaks.
    293) Aaron Dell - Just a shot at a backup G that might sneak in to duty and provide some stats. His type were flying off the board the last couple of rounds.

Ultimately I don't love my draft, but I think it's at least a solid team that should avoid relegation, which seems to be my goal in this league! Hope to hit on a couple of career years and maybe push for a title. Last year I thought I had a great draft, was ranked highly by Temek, and my team ended up tanking and I had to fight my way out of relegation. After that experience, I don't know what to think about my teams in this league! Thanks for the draft all and good luck.

Dobber Sports Pro

Round 18
    1. Curtis McElhinney(TB - G) Last Resort
    2. MacKenzie Blackwood(NJ - G) 666
    3. Frank Vatrano(Fla - LW,RW) The Jobbers
    4. Nikita Zadorov(Col - D) Pengwin7's Team
    5. Neal Pionk(Wpg - D) Lord of the Rinks
    6. Justin Schultz(Pit - D) Eski TBD
    7. Zach Parise(Min - LW) horrorfan TBD
    8. Eric Staal(Min - C) Kofax's Rad Team
    9. Jakub Vrana(Was - LW) CCCF
    10. Jake DeBrusk(Bos - LW,RW) max power's Team
    11. Vince Dunn(StL - D) Definitely AutoDraft
    12. Patric Hornqvist(Pit - RW) Yellow Dogs
    Round 19
    1. Tyler Bertuzzi(Det - LW,RW) Yellow Dogs
    2. Mike Green(Det - D) DefinitelyAutoDraft
    3. Mats Zuccarello(Min - RW) max power's Team
    4. Alex Tuch(VGK - RW) CCCF
    5. Blake Coleman(NJ - LW,RW) Kofax's Rad Team
    6. Jared Spurgeon(Min - D) horrorfan TBD
    7. Cody Ceci(Tor - D) Eski TBD
    8. Wayne Simmonds(NJ - RW) Lord of the Rinks
    9. Radko Gudas(Was - D) Pengwin7's Team
    10. Nick Foligno(Cls - C,LW) The Jobbers
    11. Duncan Keith(Chi - D) 666
    12. Samuel Girard(Col - D) Last Resort

Round 20
    1. Elvis Merzlikins(Cls - G) Last Resort
    2. David Krejci(Bos - C) 666
    3. Carter Hutton(Buf - G) The Jobbers
    4. Devon Toews(NYI - D) Pengwin7's Team
    5. Lawson Crouse(Ari - LW) Lord of the Rinks
    6. Kevin Hayes(Phi - C) Eski TBD
    7. Oliver Bjorkstrand(Cls - LW,RW) horrorfan TBD
    8. Noah Hanifin(Cgy - D) Kofax's Rad Team
    9. Ryan Donato(Min - LW,RW) CCCF
    10. Jonathan Quick(LA - G) max power's Team
    11. Esa Lindell(Dal - D) Definitely AutoDraft
    12. Joonas Korpisalo(Cls - G) Yellow Dogs

Round 21
    1. James Reimer(Car - G) Yellow Dogs
    2. Paul Stastny(VGK - C) DefinitelyAutoDraft
    3. Tyler Johnson(TB - LW,RW) max power's Team
    4. Jakob Chychrun(Ari - D) CCCF
    5. Roope Hintz(Dal - C,LW) Kofax's Rad Team
    6. Mikko Koskinen(Edm - G) horrorfan TBD
    7. Pavel Buchnevich(NYR - RW) Eski TBD
    8. Dante Fabbro(Nsh - D) Lord of the Rinks
    9. Craig Smith(Nsh - RW) Pengwin7's Team
    10. Jared McCann(Pit - C,LW) The Jobbers
    11. Johnny Boychuk(NYI - D) 666
    12. Derek Stepan(Ari - C) Last Resort
    Round 22
    1. Tony DeAngelo(NYR - D) Last Resort
    2. Craig Anderson(Ott - G) 666
    3. Tyler Myers(Van - D) The Jobbers
    4. Artturi Lehkonen(Mon - LW,RW) Pengwin7's Team
    5. Max Comtois(Anh - LW) Lord of the Rinks
    6. Anthony Cirelli(TB - C) Eski TBD
    7. Jeff Carter(LA - C) horrorfan TBD
    8. Jordan Eberle(NYI - RW) Kofax's Rad Team
    9. Jesperi Kotkaniemi(Mon - C) CCCF
    10. Brandon Montour(Buf - D) max power's Team
    11. Reilly Smith(VGK - RW) Definitely AutoDraft
    12. Jack Campbell(LA - G) Yellow Dogs

Round 23
    1. Jake Allen(StL - G) Yellow Dogs
    2. David Perron(StL - LW,RW) DefinitelyAutoDraft
    3. Kasperi Kapanen(Tor - RW) max power's Team
    4. Ryan Dzingel(Car - LW,RW) CCCF
    5. Sam Montembeault(Fla - G) Kofax's Rad Team
    6. Kevin Fiala(Min - LW,RW) horrorfan TBD
    7. Charlie Coyle(Bos - C,RW) Eski TBD
    8. Vitali Kravtsov(NYR - RW) Lord of the Rinks
    9. Mikael Backlund(Cgy - C) Pengwin7's Team
    10. Josh Bailey(NYI - LW,RW) The Jobbers
    11. Brock Nelson(NYI - C,LW) 666
    12. Brian Elliott(Phi - G) Last Resort

Round 24
    1. Linus Ullmark(Buf - G) Last Resort
    2. Brent Seabrook(Chi - D) 666
    3. Jimmy Howard(Det - G) The Jobbers
    4. Mike Smith(Edm - G) Pengwin7's Team
    5. Tyler Toffoli(LA - RW) Lord of the Rinks
    6. Cam Fowler(Anh - D) Eski TBD
    7. Travis Sanheim(Phi - D) horrorfan TBD
    8. Alex Killorn(TB - LW,RW) Kofax's Rad Team
    9. William Carrier(VGK - LW,RW) CCCF
    10. James Neal(Edm - LW,RW) max power's Team
    11. Matt Niskanen(Phi - D) Definitely AutoDraft
    12. Troy Terry(Anh - RW) Yellow Dogs
    Round 25
    1. Alexandre Texier(Cls - C,LW) Yellow Dogs
    2. Alexandar Georgiev(NYR - G) DefinitelyAutoDraft
    3. Andrew Shaw(Chi - C,RW) max power's Team
    4. Jaccob Slavin(Car - D) CCCF
    5. Aaron Dell(SJ - G) Kofax's Rad Team
    6. Ondrej Palat(TB - LW) horrorfan TBD
    7. Jason Dickinson(Dal - C,LW) Eski TBD
    8. Victor Olofsson(Buf - LW,RW) Lord of the Rinks
    9. Erik Brannstrom(Ott - D) Pengwin7's Team
    10. Dmitry Orlov(Was - D) The Jobbers
    11. Corey Perry(Dal - RW) 666
    12. Pavel Francouz(Col - G) Last Resort

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, I don't know how to make the second part of the draft results appear right after the first post. Brandon still has secrets he only knows about! :P

Dobber Sports Superstar

Rounds 4, 10, 16 and 22 need to be updated. The Team names didn't quite copy correctly

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Sorry guys, I don't know how to make the second part of the draft results appear right after the first post. Brandon still has secrets he only knows about! :P
    When you start the thread, put another 1 or 2 posts in that read "Reserved for Future Draft Results", then you can edit them once the draft happens, and it's all up front. Live and Learn!

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think HF will mind, I took over his next post in the thread to put the rest of the results in the next post

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Rounds 4, 10, 16 and 22 need to be updated. The Team names didn't quite copy correctly

When you start the thread, put another 1 or 2 posts in that read "Reserved for Future Draft Results", then you can edit them once the draft happens, and it's all up front. Live and Learn!
    Aah...well that simply makes total sense. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think HF will mind, I took over his next post in the thread to put the rest of the results in the next post
    Well thank you sir!

The Wolverine

What I did was add to excel, copy to paint and save as image. Then upload to image site e.g. Imgur, and copy forum link.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Shocking behaviour.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    What I did was add to excel, copy to paint and save as image. Then upload to image site e.g. Imgur, and copy forum link.
    That's dedication, my friend!

I feel this is fine enough though. I'll keep it in mind for next year.