Thread: Sergachev or Provorov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Sergachev or Provorov

With the cats in my sig, who do you prefer? If it differs short term or long term, how short and how long?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Sergachev or Provorov

Provorov.

Sergachev won't give you hits/blks. About half of Provorov.
    SOG rates for Provorov are really good too...
    He'll also give you most years 40ish pts...
    Not much of a gap between him and the cherished Ristolainen.

I'd take Sergachev over Provorov in points only, but when you got hits/blks Provorov is the clear choice. I try to avoid D that don't give 1.5 h, blk /gm in MC leagues.
    They're the only players that give you big block totals. a non-blocking Dman can = a lost category in a given week.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Provorov. Not only is he a category beast, but his IPP last season was under 30% after being around 45% his first two seasons, suggesting bad luck cost him more than a dozen points. He'll bounce back big time.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Star

Provorov short term, Sergachev long term (5 years from now) by a smidge.

They're both considered guys who could develop into do-it-all defenseman who could be a first pairing D and run a PP1 play. But right now, they're not doing it because there are others on their teams who are better at PP play. And true PP1 opportunities don't seem to be coming in the next few years. With that being the case, Provorov is better short term guy as he is better at Sergachev in the peripheral categories. It's hard to forecast, but I feel like the Flyers are going to have more PP-oriented players ahead of Provorov for a while (Ghost now, Sanheim soon). So although Provorov could do the job, it feels like he may not get that chance until personnel changes in Philadelphia or he leaves. With Sergachev, he'll be behind Hedman until such time as Hedman leaves or Sergachev grows further into his role. Right now, there are no other young d-men in the pipeline that exceed Sergachev's offensive upside. So it seems that Sergachev has a clearer lane to get to PP1, absent something unknown happening. But it won't happen for a few years. Enjoy Provorov's stability and peripherals, and then perhaps in 5 years Sergachev's scoring will negate that advantage. Perhaps being the key word, anything could happen five years from now.

Administrator

Provorov short and long term

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Provorov will eat up those cats.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I prefer having Provorov short and long term.
    Devils & Predators fan