Thread: Laine vs Kakko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Laine vs Kakko

I had this in the forwards discussion and moved it to here.

I own the 2nd overall. Hughes will go first followed by my pick. I was thinking of offering that pick for Laine. Would you do it?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Laine vs Kakko

I would keep the pick, take Kaapo and never look back. He is an all-around beast while Laine is fairly one dimensional. Don't overthink it.
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Arrrgh...that's exactly what I'm doing!! LOL
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Administrator

Kakko over Laine. I think it goes beyond Laine's off year and the weaknesses in his game that were exposed. He's also damaged goods in the eyes of many people. Trade value matters too when assessing players in fantasy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Its a tough one.... what if Kakko was drafted last year and we had to pick between him and Laine befor his awful season?>!
    If that makes sense, I would keep Laine if I had him and I wouldn trade for him if I had Kakko.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kakko, his game is simply more complete.
    Laine may have the better shot... but that's about it, IMO.

(Having an incredible shot is probably one of the more polarizing evaluators on prospects. Some prospect rankers love ELITE shots - Corey Pronman, who I debated with - gives a high prospect rank to Arthur Kaliyev, LA. Kaliyev's shot is incredible... but in a Laine-ish way... that's the main thing... and it's not clear if that shot will be enough. It's very speculative at this point if Laine's shot is enough for his overall $$$ demands.)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Kakko, his game is simply more complete.
    Laine may have the better shot... but that's about it, IMO.

(Having an incredible shot is probably one of the more polarizing evaluators on prospects. Some prospect rankers love ELITE shots - Corey Pronman, who I debated with - gives a high prospect rank to Arthur Kaliyev, LA. Kaliyev's shot is incredible... but in a Laine-ish way... that's the main thing... and it's not clear if that shot will be enough. It's very speculative at this point if Laine's shot is enough for his overall $$$ demands.)
    Oooooooo, that's a great point. Also, if we isolate last season (for Laine) take Kakko, if we isolate 2 seasons ago (Laine), take Laine. Tough one

Dobber Sports Jedi

if they were the same age.. in the same draft class

The draft would be

Hughes-Kakko
    gap
    Kakko/Turcotte/Byram/Zegras
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if they were the same age.. in the same draft class

The draft would be

Hughes-Kakko
    gap
    Kakko/Turcotte/Byram/Zegras
    Do you mean "Laine/Turcotte.........

If Laine and Kakko were in teh same draft.