Thread: Trade Question

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade Question

I'm a Keller owner, trying to add to my Big 2 of Draisaitl and Barkov.

I'm happy with both Boeser and Keller, but I'm sitting in a position with 5 extra picks in 19 and 20.

19: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6

20: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7

I used to own Hall, and traded him 2 years ago for Barkov in season.

The offer would be Keller, 3 in 2019 and 2 in 2020 for Hall.

I can talk about losing a 2 in 2020, and how I'd be sitting and waiting for 27 Picks between Rds 1 and 3, and Keller and how we haven't seen his best, and Hall and his injury concerns etc, but I'll leave the analysis up to anyone who chimes in!

I've put myself in a good spot pick wise though where even if I move some, still in good shape. I'd lose a bit of depth, but from what people say in a limited keeper you want the best 4 keepers you can. Obviously you still need picks, but you don't get opportunities that often to add a proven superstar.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Trade Question

How many points did Hall have in his MVP year? How would that have compared to the rest of the league last season?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    How many points did Hall have in his MVP year? How would that have compared to the rest of the league last season?
    Hall had 271 FPts (3.57 fp/g), He was 6th that year among skaters in fantasy pts, and 5th in fp/g.

Last year, he would have ranked 11th in FPts and 7th in fp/g.

Based on his season last year though, he was just at 2.77 gp/g so well down the list, but his shooting % dropped from 14 the previous year to 9.7, mind you if you avg all years and exclude the 14, his avg is just over 10 so not as if it's abnormal.

Dobber has him at 31g and 56a in 76 games, so that goal total would make sense given his avg shooting % and shot rate, just depends what happens with those variables going forward.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Feedback anyone else?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Magnificent One

I would take hall all day but then Keller goes out and has a great night last night (ya ya preseason lol)

To me hall is just surrounded by so much more talent that when healthy he will be a PPG player. Don’t think Keller will have that for a few more seasons
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I would take hall all day but then Keller goes out and has a great night last night (ya ya preseason lol)

To me hall is just surrounded by so much more talent that when healthy he will be a PPG player. Don’t think Keller will have that for a few more seasons
    I’d say ppg at low end, with upside for more (based on his mvp season).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed I would take Hall over Keller. Hall will have his ups and downs and can never seem to play 82 games but I think he'll have a bounce back year and the Devils area team on the rise.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Hall is a better fantasy player than Keller.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Hall is a better fantasy player than Keller.
    Yeah right now I get that for sure, just wondering about the whole trade though, the picks lost and the fact I had extras in the first place?

The Magnificent One

Who can you land in those picks? To me throwing in picks that you have extra of aren’t a big deal. Like you said improve your keepers then worry about depth later
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

Who can you land in those picks? To me throwing in picks that you have extra of aren’t a big deal. Like you said improve your keepers then worry about depth later
    Well I don’t have an extra 2 in 2020, but I’ve got an extra 4 and 5. And for 19, I lose a 3 but I had an extra 3, 4 and 5. I can list some of the 2-3rd round picks, just to give you an idea. I’ll have a look and let you know

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Well I don’t have an extra 2 in 2020, but I’ve got an extra 4 and 5. And for 19, I lose a 3 but I had an extra 3, 4 and 5. I can list some of the 2-3rd round picks, just to give you an idea. I’ll have a look and let you know
    2. Jones, Staal, Subban, Pacioretty, Dadonov, Doughty, Radulov, Big Buff, Holtby, Josi, OEL, Krug, JvR, Arvidsson. 3. RNH, Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Tkachuk, O’Reilly, Larkin, Dahlin, E Kane, Rielly, Letang, Reinhart, Murray, Jones, Rask. So obviously good names, but i’d Be more impacted in 20 since it’s the higher of the 2 picks, and I’d have a gap from Rd 1 to 3, but it’s a long ways out and lots can happen between now and then anyways. And if you just look at total picks left taking into account trade I’m in good shape still. I’d like to add that off he guys listed, only Tkachuk is a keeper going into this year. Any teams that own guys you’d think of as potential other keepers didn’t have room, and didn’t trade them as only so many teams need an additional keeper in the off season, and there has been movement on that front (ie: Kessel, Landy), and they went for pretty cheap. Some teams probably just dump back into draft, and take their chances at re drafting potentially if a trade doesn’t make sense, or they can’t find a dance partner.

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer Hall than Keller and the picks.