Thread: Johansen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Johansen

Hey all. Have the opportunity to keep Johansen and it would cost me an eighth round pick. Question is, where do we see him playing this year? Does he still get exposure on the first line or is he stapled on the second line? Also, power-play one or two?

Can only keep 3. Other choices to consider for me:
    Kreider at 12
    Mantha at 16
    Barrie at 5
    Varlamov at 3

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

P.S. roster in Sig from last year..

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Johansen

I would rather Mantha at 16, but I do think Johansen is in for a similar year to last year. Adding Duchene won't affect him that much. If anything, some healthy wingers and a better PP will actually help him.

Also your Sig isn't showing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would rather Mantha at 16, but I do think Johansen is in for a similar year to last year. Adding Duchene won't affect him that much. If anything, some healthy wingers and a better PP will actually help him.

Also your Sig isn't showing.
    Ahh thought it was. Thanks for replying. I figured he would be playing second line behind Duchene. I can keep 3 (protect4). I figure to keep Barrie at 5 but the other 2 are undecided. Mantha almost seems more appealing than Kreider. Varly is a ? Will he benefit from a tight Trotz system or does he flounder and lose a ton of games to Greiss? I would hate to lose a third round pick on that if it goes bad.

Who would you keep? Keep cost above. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Titan

Would definitely not be keeping Barrie at 5. Mantha, Johansen, Kreider, in that order.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Mantha - Johansen - Kreider in that order for points only
    Mantah - Kreider - Johansen - in that order for any MC league using SOG/Hits
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Would definitely not be keeping Barrie at 5. Mantha, Johansen, Kreider, in that order.
    I figured Barrie wasn’t bad at five but I agree it’s about getting value deeper in the draft.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Mantha - Johansen - Kreider in that order for points only
    Mantah - Kreider - Johansen - in that order for any MC league using SOG/Hits
    Mantha seems to be popular this year. Playing first line and gave us a taste of what he could do last year in the final 15 games of the season. He went on a serious tear. I like the other two as well where they are slotted in a league that counts penalty minutes, hits and shots on goal.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, Mantha is a must keep. Mine would also be Mantha, Kreider and Johansen.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post
    Yeah, Mantha is a must keep. Mine would also be Mantha, Kreider and Johansen.
    Pretty unanimous. I thought for sure there would’ve been a few people for Barrie at five but I understand the logic.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't go Barrie at 5. Reilly is still the Leafs #1 guy.

I agree with previous posts about looking to keep Mantha.

However I have Johansen ahead of Krieder.
    For right now Johansen will play on Nashville #1 line. His to lose though. Duchene has a bigger impact on Turris production.
    With a healthy Nashville team to start. I expect a increase in production from Johansen, Avirdsson and Forsberg this season
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Mantha seems to be popular this year. Playing first line and gave us a taste of what he could do last year in the final 15 games of the season. He went on a serious tear. I like the other two as well where they are slotted in a league that counts penalty minutes, hits and shots on goal.
    Kreider will give you a lot more shots 70-100 more and double hits..
    basically a PIM wash...
    A 55-60pt Kreider vs. a 60-68pt Johansen
    I'll sacrifice a few points for full cat coverage -
    not to mention I don't like forwards that average below 2.0 SOG/GM - which Johansen has done for the past several years. 134sog LAST YEAR.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Kreider will give you a lot more shots 70-100 more and double hits..
    basically a PIM wash...
    A 55-60pt Kreider vs. a 60-68pt Johansen
    I'll sacrifice a few points for full cat coverage -
    not to mention I don't like forwards that average below 2.0 SOG/GM - which Johansen has done for the past several years. 134sog LAST YEAR.
    fair enough! Seems like I’m probably keeping all three of those guys anyway. Barrie at 5 didn’t seem to go well and no one even mentioned Varly at 3. Which I don’t disagree with

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would keep either Mantha or Johansen. Johansen could actually be better on the second line because he will not face the opposite teams' top lines.
    Devils & Predators fan