Thread: Tough Decision Keepers x10 *will rep* 3x winner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tough Decision Keepers x10 *will rep* 3x winner

Points only/keep 10. No positional reqs. See signature for more info. I'm thinking of keeping the following:

1- kucherov
    2- matthews
    3- pettersson
    4 - burns
    5 - ovi
    6 - dahlin
    7 - j carlson
    8 - boeser
    9 - laine
    10 - kessel

This means I would be dropping some studs including: ROR, Lindholm, Marchessault
    and some other good players...

Would any of you swap out one of the above for ROR, Lindholm or Marchessault.

Holding players like Laine, Dahlin and Kessel over these guys might not be the best decision... I have a long history w kessel and he has been consistent. I think dahlin is the next burns (and i drafted him last year). I traded a lot for laine and think he has had bad linemates/coaching on the jets.

Should i replace any of the guys i got with anyone else on my team? I've won the last 3 seasons, but this year i took risks to acquire players that I like a lot vs less interesting players that are solid investments. I am seriously thinking of keeping lindholm and ROR over Laine and kessel but i plain like kessel/laine more (probably due to their upsides). Also, boeser is one of my faves so auto-keeping (our whole pool are nucks fans)

All thoughts appreciated!
    Last edited by eppigram; September 16, 2019 at 7:53 PM. Reason: bolded
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Tough Decision Keepers x10 *will rep* 3x winner

I think you got it right. Laine in points only is a close one, but I do think he had a down year and should get close to or above 70 points most season with the possibility of more.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yep. Laine is a tough one, but i think this (year 4) is his make or break year and I hope he pans out.

I think if i was using a rational mind i would take ROR and Lindholm over boeser and laine but i am so biased
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm comfortable with Boeser as a keeper, but Laine is worrying me, only because he seems like he might hold out. I'd wait until you have no more time, and see what's happening with him, and have a backup plan.

You could offer some of the guys you are deciding between around the league, and see if there's an offer you like a lot.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by eppigram View Post
    Points only/keep 10. No positional reqs. See signature for more info. I'm thinking of keeping the following:

1- kucherov
    2- matthews
    3- pettersson
    4 - burns
    5 - ovi
    6 - dahlin
    7 - j carlson
    8 - boeser
    9 - laine
    10 - kessel

This means I would be dropping some studs including: ROR, Lindholm, Marchessault
    and some other good players...

Would any of you swap out one of the above for ROR, Lindholm or Marchessault.

Holding players like Laine, Dahlin and Kessel over these guys might not be the best decision... I have a long history w kessel and he has been consistent. I think dahlin is the next burns (and i drafted him last year). I traded a lot for laine and think he has had bad linemates/coaching on the jets.

Should i replace any of the guys i got with anyone else on my team? I've won the last 3 seasons, but this year i took risks to acquire players that I like a lot vs less interesting players that are solid investments. I am seriously thinking of keeping lindholm and ROR over Laine and kessel but i plain like kessel/laine more (probably due to their upsides). Also, boeser is one of my faves so auto-keeping (our whole pool are nucks fans)

All thoughts appreciated!
    I would keep the same 10. Good luck!
    Devils & Predators fan