Thread: Flower for Schneider and Upgrades

The Great One

Default Flower for Schneider and Upgrades

Full keeper dynasty with cap- 30mil over NHL's. Daily changes with G A P PPP Sog pim shp and +/- with goalie cats as W GAA Saves Sv % and SO (did NOT know we counted saves and sv%- lol!). Team is in sig.

The premise is that Schneider has a bit of a bounceback and although I know hes not a superstar he should be ok with Andy, Mrazek Elvis and Montembault in the mix. After that its difficult to make smart money adds in this league:

MAF T Johnson Heed and a 7th in 2019
    for Schneider Hoffman Kahun and a 3rd in 2021

I actually really like Heed. He put up a sneaky 0.5 point per game season last year and i think has deceptive upside if he gets traded or one of the two workhorses in SJ gets injured. His contract is money in the bank and although it hasnt shown (likey due to ttoi)- he is known as a volume shooter which I love, love, love in a dman. I had orginally included Nico Sturm here to a lukewarm reaction. in my offer i also threw out Trenin, Hatyden and Golyshev and I brought up Maroon although this particular team seems to be havily interested in prospects with less of a penchant for bargain bin veterans.

Would you do it with Heed?

Would you do it without Heed?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Flower for Schneider and Upgrades

I like the deal a lot. You're getting back more valuable players than you are giving up. I wouldn't let Heed's inclusion sway me.

While I like Heed's skillset, I hate him on San Jose. Justin Braun leaving should open up a 3rd pairing spot for him, but until now he's been limited in amount of games, and time on ice, and there's no guarantee he gets a decent role. I rostered him for a while last year, but he was mostly unusable even in my daily start league due to irregular playing time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Heed may be a nice piece if he's the focus of the trade, but he's the 6th rank skater out of those six, so he's basically irrelevant in the deal.
    I feel like ou could probably get a little more for a top starter, but you know your league. Not a terrible deal by any means.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

We got to MAF Kreider and montembault for Schneider Hoffman and nedjkovic.

As we were talking at one point it got to maf and Johnson for Schneider and Hoffman. Would you do that? I left it at no with the idea that I'm going to move forward with flower. I'm competing anyways so he's not gonna hurt me.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, with those kind of offers just keep Fleury for now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)