Thread: Pettersson dilemma

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pettersson dilemma

If I don't see myself keeping Pettersson in a keep 3 scenario next year, should I package him in a deal similar to this:

Pettersson, Gaudreau, OEL for Marchand, Zibs, Gustafsson

Am I giving up to much here?
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Pettersson dilemma

I think you will change your mind about not keeping Pettersson after this year. Keep him this year, enjoy his production and then keep him even more.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

No way I do that. You have 2 guys who you can't keep beyond this year. Keep him for now, and see how things stand later.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think pettey will have an amazing season. fingers crossed. I'd look into trading gaudreau or kuch since you can only keep them 1 more year. I always try and get high draft picks when i move a big player
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think you are giving too much. But even if the trade is fair, I wouldnt trade Pettersson at this point. Like Vincent said, you will change your mind about not keeping Pettersson after this year.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, I anticipate EP to be a monster this year and I think he plays all 82 this year. As the others have said, keep him and look like a genius!
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by macker27 View Post
    If I don't see myself keeping Pettersson in a keep 3 scenario next year, should I package him in a deal similar to this:

I think the deal is a bit too lateral. Last season we likely saw the best (or close to it) of the players you'd be receiving. The best is yet to come from gaudreau and pettersson. And the team around OEL is finally improving. I think the other guy knows this and it's a bit of a sneaky offer.

For now I'd hold and see how the season starts and plays out. I'd hold out and hope pettersson starts well which he should.

Id aim bigger as well, with Kucherov and Gaudreau expiring I'd be chatting with the mcdavid and Mackinnon owners. Pettersson could be part of a package to get one of the top two fantasy centers in the game coming into their prime right now.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Novice

I think you can take some cues from the sentiment here--people have high hopes for EP. With that being said, if you do want to test the market, you can and should ask for more. He's arguably in a perfect storm of a) having demonstrated he's elite, but b) NOT yet playing enough for his limitations (if any) to emerge. I wouldn't trade him if I'm getting back value that pegs EP as a 75 pt +/- player, but if someone values him as a 90 pt +/- player and wants to pay me accordingly, I'd listen.

Re: the specific deal you mentioned, this feels like treading water. Two of the three players you're giving up have upside, while only one of the three you're getting back does.
    ---
    14-tm Yahoo keep 5 up to 3 years; 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 1UT, 2G; 4BN; 1 IR+
    G, A, PPP, HIT, BLK, SOG, GWG, SHP, GAA, Sv%, W

C: MacK, Larkin, Suzuki
    LW: Connor, DCat, Kubalik
    RW: Bratt, Fiala, Bjorkstrand
    D: Dahlin, Dobson, Werenski, Montour, Durzi, Romanov
    G: Shest, Elvis

12-tm FanTrax keep $10, +$1 each keep; 9F, 6D, 2G, 6BN, 2 IR
    G=2, A=1.6, PPP = 1, SHP=1, GWG=1, HAT=1, SOG=0.2, HIT=0.2, BLK=0.2, SV=0.3, GA=-2, W=2, SO=2

F: Guentz, Kaprizov, JGaudreau, Reinhart, Trocheck, Bratt, Kopitar, Perron, Keller, Necas, Kubalik, Lafreniere
    D: Dobson, DeAngelo, Morrissey, Hanifin, Orlov, Lindell, Romanov, Sandin
    G: Andersen, Shest, Sorokin
    IR: Patches

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by macker27 View Post

I'm confused...

So you'd be getting Marchand - coming off a 100pt season (on pace for 100 the year before)
    The hope is EP gives a pt/gm. The expectation is Marchand repeats his 100pt season
    In a league that counts hits & SOG

Pettersson << Marchand
    Gaudreau > Zibs -- I think Zibs makes this closer than some think
    OEL <<<<<<< Gus...

The gap between Gus & OEL is pretty significant.

I take the Marchand side for THIS year... AND prefer Marchand as a keeper over EP next year as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4