Thread: Which Bubble D

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which Bubble D

First league in sig, need a couple depth D to spell off my bandaid squad of D when they inevitably go down. Swapped most of my mid round picks for late picks last year trying to navigate injuries and stay in the hunt. I also burned a bunch of cap space on players who dropped in the (currently ongoing) draft (Kessel/Kyle Connor), so only have about ~$18.5M for 5 players + Connor's contract. Long story short, options are a bit limited, so I'm looking at young and (youngish) guys who, while not guaranteed top PP time, have opportunities of varying degrees.

Curious out of the group who you'd take (ranked in order of projected points):

Montour - $3.39M (Dahlin)
    Sanheim - $3.25M (1st in line if Ghost slips?)
    Gardiner - $4.05M (no idea what's going on Carolina)
    Klefbom - $4.167M (seems to have gotten his PP1 time back from Nurse March onward)
    DeAngelo - $?? (Could price himself out of this list, was on PP1 when they bought out Shatty, but then Trouba)
    Toews - $700k (didn't realize how much PP1 time he was given end of last year/playoffs)
    Brannstrom - $863k (Chabot)

Thanks!
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Which Bubble D

I'd stay with Brannstrom and Toews, mostly because simply creating cap space has good value.
    I do like the upside of Klefbom IF the EDM PP ever clicks with him.
    I also very much think Sanheim could be given an opp to run the PHI PP1 - but you should get a hint of whether that might happen in camp over next 10 days - so check in on PHI internet columnists every other day.

Dobber Sports Icon

Klefbom is the top choice as he's going to used in a much more offensive role this season. Nurse and Larsson are starting the season together on the shutdown pair. Matt Benning and Kris Russell will likely form the 3rd pairing for the Oilers. This leaves Oskar Klefbom to play with a rookie (Persson, Bear, Jones or Bouchard most likely). This pairing will likely see a heavy dose of offensive zone starts. Klefbom will also likely be on PP1 to start the season.

After Klefbom, I would go with Toews as his production should be as good as anyone else on this list while being much cheaper.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'd stay with Brannstrom and Toews, mostly because simply creating cap space has good value.
    I do like the upside of Klefbom IF the EDM PP ever clicks with him.
    I also very much think Sanheim could be given an opp to run the PHI PP1 - but you should get a hint of whether that might happen in camp over next 10 days - so check in on PHI internet columnists every other day.
    Hard to tell without actually being in the league and knowing the landscape (cap leagues always take on a life of their own) but this is probably my preferred course of action. Cap space is always nice and these two should do alright. The others might be a bit better but probably not when you factor in cap hit. Having cap space can be a lethal weapon in those leagues.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This league is a bit laid back when it comes to cap, the 16 rosters and 1:1 cap make it fairly manageable, so there's never really any teams in dire straits cap-wise.

Toews definitely seems like the best mix of opportunity/price, but I can't shake the feeling that Sanheim is gonna end up going off this season.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster