Thread: Sell Zadina?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Sell Zadina?

I am one of the contenders this year after rebuilding last year. I'm happy with the draft (team in sig).

After adding Comtois and Kase as keeper eligible players, and more imprortantly, who are both sure to play this season, I'm wondering if I should sell Zadina. There are couple Red Wings fans in our keeper league so I could get a decent return for him. I'm not sure how they are going to deploy him, Yzerman is patient man and Red Wings

If I were to sell, what position would you be looking to upgrade? Not sure I can improve my goalies as they are insanely valuable (5 goalie cats, 10 skater). Could try and get Grubauer and sell the Hawks goalies, maybe? With Zadina.

What would you? Thanks in advance.
    16 team H2H each cat, partial keeper for players under 25 years in June
    4C, 4RW, 4LW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FOW, Hits, Blocks
    W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

5 keepers under 25 (June 1st). I have Svechnikov 19, Zadina 20, Comtois 21, Provorov 23, Pastrnak 24, Kase 24

G: Shesterkin, Saros
    D: Carlson, Fox (K)
    C: Trocheck
    LW: Ovie, Huberdeau, Kaprizov (K), Farabee (K), Gurianov (K)
    RW: Svechnikov (K)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Sell Zadina?

Grabbing Grubauer could be a partial upgrade especially for the win column imo, but if it means losing Lehner it could prove not being a huge upgrade after all.

I think I like the balance of your lineup, you could try testing the waters with Zadina because the hype should be at its peak during camp while he battles for a spot, then come down for the year once he doesn't make it. So either you sell him now or you enjoy having a more valuable asset at the end of the season I think you could throw Zadina in the mix of a deadline trade instead of dealing him now because you will probably be dealing with injuries then.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Deity

Your roster looks pretty good although your goalies is definitely a place you might want to consider working on. I'd even be tempted to package Zadina and someone else to improve there if you could. Not much depth at center either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    Grabbing Grubauer could be a partial upgrade especially for the win column imo, but if it means losing Lehner it could prove not being a huge upgrade after all.

I think I like the balance of your lineup, you could try testing the waters with Zadina because the hype should be at its peak during camp while he battles for a spot, then come down for the year once he doesn't make it. So either you sell him now or you enjoy having a more valuable asset at the end of the season I think you could throw Zadina in the mix of a deadline trade instead of dealing him now because you will probably be dealing with injuries then.
    Yeah, agreed. I think I'll try it if I don't get Gibson from the other Red Wings fan. Having Grubauer over Hawks goalies would open up a roster spot too and I can spot start goalies if needed (there max 3 goalies you can have).

W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

5 keepers under 25 (June 1st). I have Svechnikov 19, Zadina 20, Comtois 21, Provorov 23, Pastrnak 24, Kase 24

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Absolutely NO point in selling Zadina now.
    If you are a contender... give your team some time to play, see where you might be weak... or, more importantly, where your competitors are strong.

You may have somebody go down with a major injury 3 weeks in.
    You may have a goalie traded... and then have a terrible schedule.
    These things happen.

Zadina is a young prospect with high upside now.
    He will be a young prospect with high upside in 4 months.
    You can sell him then for what you need for your stretch (playoff) run.

The mindset here is correct: Use Zadina for a strong veteran to win this season.
    The timing is wrong.

The one things you DO want to do is to "mention", to the Wings fans, that you will likely "move Zadina at some point this season for the right veteran".
    Drop that nugget in their heads... let it marinate.
    The guy that wants him most will be thinking about this all year and will contact you before selling his better players!

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Your roster looks pretty good although your goalies is definitely a place you might want to consider working on. I'd even be tempted to package Zadina and someone else to improve there if you could. Not much depth at center either.
    Yup. In the first 2 rounds after keepers, 20/32 picks were goalies. Crazy. There is 1 goalie category too much in this league. Only Vas and Gibson were goalie keepers from last year (under 25 in keeper age). I was picking late in 2nd so after the massive goalie wave, I went for forwards. Managed to get Lehner in 6th round.

Agreed on centers, might trade for one later in the season f it looks like I need more FOW for example.

W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The guy that wants him most will be thinking about this all year and will contact you before selling his better players!
    Spot on. One of them won't be contending this season (I assume) and there are some guys I could acquire before the deadline if there's no better offers for Zadina. And who knows. Stuff will happen. I might even end up keeping him.

Thanks for the in depth answer and ideas.

W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%