Thread: NHL 20 on PS4 or Xbox?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default NHL 20 on PS4 or Xbox?

After having played the same version of EA sport's NHL game for the last 4 years, it's not only time to buy the new game but also a new console.
    Estimated 95% of the time I play video games, it's NHL, so how well this game runs is a key factor in my decision about which console to take... Does it make a difference at all? I'm currently used to Xbox.

Any input apprechiated...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: NHL 20 on PS4 or Xbox?

My understanding is that there is really no difference between the two systems so it would probably make sense to you to stick with the XBox. The other factor would be which system your friends use if you ever want to play online with them.

With that said, it is likely that the next generation systems are coming out sometimes in 2020 so I am not sure if now is the best time to be buying this generation of consoles.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think there are small differences between graphics and performance in the two systems, but nothing that puts one over the top.

One thing I would take into consideration as well would be console exclusives. PlayStation is my go-to for the MLB The Show series for example. Xbox unfortunately does not have a solid MLB game available.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Newbie

I purchased a Xbox One last year, mainly because my previous console was a 360. NHL20 is phenomenal, noticeably different than NHL19. The World of Chel part is so much fun you can get stuck in there for days!

I also purchased Madden 20 and did not notice much difference compared to Madden 19 and wished I had saved my money.
    Kenora Fantasy Hockey League Commissioner | 2013 Golden Cup Champion

16 Teams - YAHOO H2H - Keeper League Year 1 of 3 - G A P PIM PPP SOG HIT W S% SHO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    I think there are small differences between graphics and performance in the two systems, but nothing that puts one over the top.

One thing I would take into consideration as well would be console exclusives. PlayStation is my go-to for the MLB The Show series for example. Xbox unfortunately does not have a solid MLB game available.
    Yep The Show is what made me go from 360 to PS4. Never looked back either.

God of War, Last of Us, Spiderman, The Show.....The exclusives aren't even close so I think PS4 is the easy choice if you're looking to branch out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Xbox is what we have and the graphics are awesome. My brothers hog it most of the time and when I do get to play NHL they kill me at it but it is fun.