Thread: Big trade

The Great One

Default Big trade

So this isn't a team in my league. I'll post my team with keepers. It's a weekly hth league with a bit of a wionky scoring format (super fun when you get used to it tho) which I'll get to. My team is in an odd place. I had a rough year where I missed the playoffs which made me consider a rebuild/retweak but there are some things hampering that. First off I kind of underperformed- when you see my list it's a veritable whose who of u timely injuries and bounceback candidates. Second I had an opportunity to resolve a future considerations issue but it meant moving a second next year for Staal (who shod actually be a fine asset if I do go for it). Last and biggest- I paid a big price to get burns last year- essentially heiskanen and Demko (who got swapped for Quinn Hughes so it's tough not to think of it as heiskanen/hughes- lol!)- so it's hard to look at accepting a trade for less than that and not consider it as bad asset management. That being said the offers have ranged from run of the mill heists to highway robbery- lol! Even smart savvy owners who j have a good rapport with are sending offers that make lowballs look like grand slams. It's likely my fault as I've put him on the block and said I'm considering rebuilding. They all want to add a "productive veteran" for bit parts and upside. Meanwhile Burns is bar none the best asset in our league (we put one of the biggest impetuses on D scoring I've ever seen- then we start 5 forwards to 4 d to boot). Burns is like a cheat code in our format. From my position this coming year should be just fine- he had a career year, will have a healthy Ek, and has a bunch of young guys breaking out. By the following year maybe he starts with age related decline but we're still looking at 65-70 projectable and I think that's being conservative. So really long story short- i think I have to "go for it" by default- lol!

Our scoring gives credit for sogs and plus minus. It's very d weighted. I'm going to make a post after this with the exact numbers. Our keeper format is that we have 5 guys we can protect and then after that we do a steal round. On your turn you can "steal" one of the unprotected players or you can pass which also protects all your players so you can't be targetted. Also once a team steals a player your team is immune from being poached again. You can't steal a stolen player. Farm players are immune. After the steal round you keep all the other roster players. I steal or pass in the 8 spot out of 20 teams.

My team is (2C 3W 1F 4D 1G and one more flex spot where you can start D or G)-
    Marchessault Staal
    Arvidsson Lee Hornqvist
    Burns Letang Ghost Hanifin
    Murray
    BN: Granlund Hino Brassard Hutton Goligoski Pesce Lehkonen Danault Pirri Nilsson Copley
    Protected players that may get promoted- Gusev hronek and dach

The offer is:

Steel Ullmark and hi sang
    For
    Hanifin and my 1st next year (deep draft- wasn't planning on moving it).

He's been asking for hanifin for ullmark which I've been adamant about saying no to. In theory steel for my 1st is fine I think. He's protected for free, will play sooner, and there's a good shot whoever I get there will be I. The same neighborhood. That leaves hanifin for ullmark and ho sang which I don't love. Thinking of countering with Tippett instead of sang.

Hronek would get promoted to my 4th dman and I'd have the buffalo goalie behind Murray although I would offer Hutton/ullmark/Staal for Duchene /Schneider at that point..

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; September 15, 2019 at 4:01 PM. Reason: Edit