Poll: Which duos will have 40+ ESPPs for 2019-20?

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: High Scoring forward duos

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: High Scoring forward duos

One stat I like to use in doing my fantasy research is even strength points pairs (ESPPs). These are instances where, at even strength, the same two forwards receive a point, whether a goal and an assist or two assists. What I really like about the stat is it drills down to tell you which players to target on productive lines, since in some cases two players (players A and B) on a line are receiving points far more often than the other combinations (i.e., players A and C and players B and C). You can examine ESPP data for 2018-19 and prior seasons here (http://ice.nhl.com/ice/playerfantasy...rdedPoint&pg=1). As you can see, for 2018-19 a total of 17 forward pairs shared points on 40+ even strength goals, up from just ten who did so in 2017-18.

So for the poll this week, I’m asking you to choose which of the following 19 forward pairs who didn’t have 40+ ESPPs last season (or who didn’t have a point per game rate that would have translated to 40+ ESPPs had both forwards played in all 82 games) will reach the 40+ ESPP milestone/threshold for 2019-20. You can vote for as many or as few of the forward pairs as you want, provided that each forward pair for which you cast a vote is one you think will have 40+ ESPPs for 2019-20. I’ve included a “none of the above” choice if you think not a single one of the 19 forward pairs will do so. The voting choices are listed in alphabetical order by team and with their ESPPs from 2018-19 denoted. As always, although these polls are meant to be enjoyable, please be sure to vote objectively so fellow Dobberites can look to the results to shape decisions they’ll be making in terms of keepers, on draft day, or in trades for 2019-20.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: High Scoring forward duos

I voted for Boeser/Pettersson, Seguinn/Benn and Ovechkin/Backstrom as the 3 most likely pairs to hit the 40 plateau.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    I voted for Boeser/Pettersson, Seguinn/Benn and Ovechkin/Backstrom as the 3 most likely pairs to hit the 40 plateau.
    Usually Backstrom and Ovie are on different EV lines now, and Benn/Seguin are split up half of the time too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't think any of them do.

I think Matthews/Nylander does though. AM is a 5x5 machine
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I'm actually surprised DeBrincat and Kane didn't do it last year (didn't even come close, really). I voted for them this year, but not sure why because if they didn't last year I don't know that much will change this season. Maybe a full season with Strome will make a difference?

I also voted for Meier and Couture...if Meier plays a full 82 games and gets more ice time with Pavelski's departure, that might happen.

I also voted for Eichel and Reinhart, because I feel Eichel will have a huge season (100+ pts).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Usually Backstrom and Ovie are on different EV lines now, and Benn/Seguin are split up half of the time too.
    I think that Benn and Seguin combo will play more often together and if Benn has a bounce back season(I think he will) that increase the % of them getting more ES points. Didnt know that about Ovechkin/Kuznetsov/Backstrom though ...didnt draft and of Wash top forward for years.... Im not sure what is the procentage that Ovechkin plays with Backstrom compared to Kuznetsov but I assume its actually close?
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I only voted for Boeser/Pettersson, but there are a few others that wouldn't really be a huge surprise. I skipped Ovechkin/Backstrom because I suspect they won't get enough time together, but it's possible.

I also think I want to go off the board and take Panarin/Zibanejad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I only voted for Boeser/Pettersson, but there are a few others that wouldn't really be a huge surprise. I skipped Ovechkin/Backstrom because I suspect they won't get enough time together, but it's possible.

I also think I want to go off the board and take Panarin/Zibanejad.
    Thanks for the reply, and for voting. I didn't include Zibs/Panarin because they didn't play together last season, which is also why you didn't see any choices involving other guys who changed teams, like Kessel, Duchene, Pavelski, or Zuccarello.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I understood that, but I'm just speculating.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Barkov and Huberdeau.

Ovi and whichever centre they pair him with.

I am taking a flyer on Benn and Seguin. If they play together enough I think they can do it and I think that Benn will come back strong this year regardless.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ovi and Backstrom connected yesterday for a goal on even straight..but I guess we dont count pre-season games
    Devils & Predators fan