Thread: Thoughts on my D

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Thoughts on my D

hi all,

Our entry draft has come and gone and now we have a supplemental draft coming up where I can pick up whoever is available (as long as they have been drafted by an NHL team). I am close to our cap, with about 1.5 million remaining. I wonder what the communities opinion is on my D since I think that this is an area where I can drop a player for some younger, cheaper pieces. I quite like my D corps, but I do have 9 of them, and we dress 6. Currently I have:

Barrie, Ellis
    Byfuglien, Theodore
    Chabot, Montour

With Sergachev, Brannstrom, Sanheim that I can mix in. I can also move Brannstrom, Sergachev or Chabot to my farm to promote another player if needed. I guess three things I am wondering are:

1) Is Buff getting a little long in the tooth and is he primed for a decline
    2) Is Ellis worth his salary?
    3) Is Samheim worth it, under new coach? Last year once Hakstol was canned they moved him into the top 4 and it seemed to spur his offence a bit.

Thanks for your opinions!
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Thoughts on my D

Of the set, Ellis would probably be my first drop, but he may have some trade value if you can shop him quickly.
    Buff is a beast when healthy, but that's a big question mark. I would hold onto him for now just based on the upside.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)