Thread: MacKinnon for Pettersson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default MacKinnon for Pettersson

Was offered Mackinnon, a 6th and 11th for Pettersson, a 1st and 2nd. Is the value of MacKinnon that much higher going forward to Pettersson? I know MacKinnon is a top 5 player in fantasy right now but what will Pettersson be.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: MacKinnon for Pettersson

Team in sig? In a keep 3 you want the best player and that's Mack until pettersson shows it isn't.

However, the value of 1st and 2nd picks in a twelve team league (keep 3) is very high. If you make this trade you risk not being able to compete this season and in a keep 3 your goal should be to win every year. Unless you think you can recoup the picks by trading pasta or gaudreau I'd just pass. Theirs a strong argument to be made that your three keepers are better to hold based on positional strength than a top center (easiest position to fill in a draft).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Team in sig? In a keep 3 you want the best player and that's Mack until pettersson shows it isn't.

However, the value of 1st and 2nd picks in a twelve team league (keep 3) is very high. If you make this trade you risk not being able to compete this season and in a keep 3 your goal should be to win every year. Unless you think you can recoup the picks by trading pasta or gaudreau I'd just pass. Theirs a strong argument to be made that your three keepers are better to hold based on positional strength than a top center (easiest position to fill in a draft).
    One thing I should put is that we have a max. keeper allotment of 4 years. This is my 4th year with Gaudreau so I am going to have to trade him but don't know what the market is like in my league for him. Does this change the way you look at my team?
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Star

Keep MacKinnon and don't think about it further. If someone is willing to trade you those high picks, it signals that giving that person MacKinnon is going to help him more than you getting Petersson and the picks helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Keep MacKinnon and don't think about it further. If someone is willing to trade you those high picks, it signals that giving that person MacKinnon is going to help him more than you getting Petersson and the picks helps you.
    Sorry for confusion I would be receiving Mackinnon

IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by macker27 View Post
    One thing I should put is that we have a max. keeper allotment of 4 years. This is my 4th year with Gaudreau so I am going to have to trade him but don't know what the market is like in my league for him. Does this change the way you look at my team?
    Yes I would strongly consider offering gaudreau for Mackinnon with no picks attached and keep Mackinnon for the next four years.

If he's really interested in pettersson id look at a deal where you trade pettersson and gaudreau for Mackinnon and you get some picks back. At the end of the day you aren't keeping pettersson anyways so better to recoup some picks.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Yes I would strongly consider offering gaudreau for Mackinnon with no picks attached and keep Mackinnon for the next four years.

If he's really interested in pettersson id look at a deal where you trade pettersson and gaudreau for Mackinnon and you get some picks back. At the end of the day you aren't keeping pettersson anyways so better to recoup some picks.
    Does Mack and Marchessault for Pettersson and Gaudreau make sense?

IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you can't keep Gaudreau past this year it makes sense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Definitely Mac. The upside of Pettersson is that he becomes as good as Mac, so just keep Mac. There's only like two better fantasy forwards in the league than him.

The Great One

It's very hard to answer this without knowing how many years you have left on all your existing players and how many years left the OGM has on his players.

There will be significant leverage against any GM with a 4 year player....

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by macker27 View Post
    Does Mack and Marchessault for Pettersson and Gaudreau make sense?
    Just confirming you have drafted this season already? I like the trade if you have. If you haven't I don't care about Marchessault and would rather a pick.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):