Thread: Acquiring Marchessault

The Great One

Default Acquiring Marchessault

A team in my salary cap dynasty has wandered into cap troubles and one of the guys he's shopping is marchessault. Not only am I a fan- I'm short a c to boot. We start 3 C's and I've got three on my roster with Hartman as a 4th whose more if an injury replacement. Adding at least one would be big.

My cap situation is no picnic either but I'm looking at maybe moving kreider for Ritchie and futures which would hopefully get me under if I do this.

My offer:

Hronek, Ho-Sang, Maroon and a 3rd this year.

Hronek is the main piece. Productive cheap dmen are gold in this league and he's got legit upside. Ho-Sang is what he is- a promising dart to throw- but it at least buys him time while he figures his roster out. Maroon is deceptively good especially at 900k. Our league counts pims and shp. 30 points plus pims, sho and more than his fair share of aogs for his toi. I know he sounds like a throw in but I actually don't want to include him- lol! The third is something the other owner recommended when we were discussing a return. I'm in talks to acquire it. If not I proposed a 2nd in 2022.

In any case I'm a big marchy fan and he instantly becomes my 2c or even 1b with ziba.

Thoughts??

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Acquiring Marchessault

If you could get March for that, I'd be all over it. That said, he plays wing to W. Karlsson. There should be real concern he loses his C position status. (not sure why he has it to begin with)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you could offer him Terry, instead of Hronek, ide be a over it. That Hronek is going to be great, Terry is too, I find that D men are the hardest to obtain because they are scarce and expensive.

The Great One

D is a team strength though and I'm not sure I'm willing to add a bunch of assets to terry- maybe I'm just too high on him but I feel like his ceiling is so high and with three years of elc he could make me regret the trade in his own inside of that timeline.