Thread: Am I nuts??? Ho-Sang

The Great One

Default Am I nuts??? Ho-Sang

I know sikura is a definitive blue chipper and ho sang definitively is not at this point BUT wants still got hope no? I mean if he clears waivers maybe another team takes a shot?? This started for Persson who the FHP guys and KK guys have a "gut feeling" about- lol! Chances are it's nothing- a shirokov situation so to speak- but I like taking chances.

Hi sang and Persson for sikura?

Pull it?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Am I nuts??? Ho-Sang

I would rather Ho-Sang over Sikura. I'm not big on Sikura, and I think Ho-Sang's upside is still higher (though he could just as easily flame out).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd keep what you have.
    I don't have Sikura near blue chip status.
    I just had to narrow one team down to 15 prospects this summer and he was the final one I decided to keep.
    I don't think he has as much upside as Ho Sang and you really don't want to let Persson go before you know what you have.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer the Ho Sang/Persson side assuming it's Joel Persson. Persson is skating with Oscar Klefbom to open camp (which means almost nothing) and Ho Sang is 1.5 years younger than Sikura. None of the players have shown anything in the NHL at this time so I would rather have 2 darts to throw at the board then one.

The Great One

I'd be getting ho-sang and persson. I just accepted. I might flip ho sang again in a March deal- but I'm happy with this one regardless. I hope sikura pans out still as I own him in my other deep league and I'm a fan. Rep coming!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Persson may end up being the best player in that deal LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Persson may end up being the best player in that deal LOL
    That could very well be true. And possibly not very close either.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    That could very well be true. And possibly not very close either.
    Out of the three, hes the only one I have a shred of confidence that will have a regular NHL career but as you say, who knows.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Sheesh I was waaaay asleep on persson when the keeping karlsson guys were talking about him I thought they were mispronouncing the name or getting their teams mixed up. Had no idea about him. What does his one year Outlook project as?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Sheesh I was waaaay asleep on persson when the keeping karlsson guys were talking about him I thought they were mispronouncing the name or getting their teams mixed up. Had no idea about him. What does his one year Outlook project as?
    What he ends up is unclear... but he could end up anywhere between Will Butcher to Erik Gustafsson.

The Great One

Will butcher plays in this format- I'll take it...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    What he ends up is unclear... but he could end up anywhere between Will Butcher to Erik Gustafsson.
    That is much too narrow of a gap for what Joel Persson could be this season. The range should be from 0 NHL games played to about 55 points if he manages to snag PP1 duties and play with Klefbom on a sheltered d pairing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah I would go more along a range of Marincin to Gustavsson
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not saying Persson is a future superstar. I'm saying im more confudent in him offering fantasy value compared to the other two.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Persson paired with Klefbom last night and they both assisted on both Oilers' goals. He finshed a +2 with 21:37 across 27 shifts, 6 SOG, and 1 hit. I didn't see the game but he looked better than good in the highlights. I expect the 'Bouchard will make the team out of camp' talk to start quieting down about now.