Thread: Trade 2020 1st? (lottery pick)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade 2020 1st? (lottery pick)

Hey dudes, I have been asked a few times if I had any interest in trading my 1st rounder in 2020. Extremely high chance it'll be a lottery pick.

For now, I have said I am not interested, as due to some bad trades in the past, I currently only have my 1st, 3rd and 4th in 2020. We only draft players taken in the rookie draft that year.

I've got 9 picks this year. (picks are in my SIG.)

Would it hurt to just toss it out there that my pick is available and see what offers come in? Or, should I just leave it and hope for a top 3 pick? I would definitely come here with any offers I get, just want to see what you all think.

Thanks, guys.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade 2020 1st? (lottery pick)

Anything is tradeable at the right price, but usually draft picks don't reach their peak value until a couple months before the draft (March-June). So dealing it now would require hitting a return equal to what you could get for it at peak value, with the assumption it's first or second overall.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Looks to me like you are a few years out from competing. Sure there's no harm in throwing the idea out to see what happens, but I'd imagine the rest of your league's managers won't send you serious offers. They'll be much more likely to send you lowballs, especially if you've made some bad trades, like the greasy vultures they are.

The hype for 2020's going to build. I'd hold tight, wait for the hype to reach a crescendo in 8 months, and then say you're open for business. And still very likely not trade your pick because given the state of your team there aren't many players that will help you eventually compete for championships more than one of the top 3 guys in the 2020 draft.
    Yahoo 12-team H2H partial keeper league (keep 7 vets + 3 prospects (p = skater <201 gp; goalie < 101gp))

G,A,P,PIM,+/-,PPP,SOG,FW,hits, blocks, W,GAA,SV%,Saves
    Start 3/3/3/5/2

C: Kopitar, P. Suter, Carlsson (p), Lundell (p), Norris
    LW: B. Tkachuk, Stutzle (c), Colton (c), Ehlers
    RW: Rantanen, Caufield (lw), Svechnikov (lw), Foegele (lw)
    D: Dahlin, Andersson, Chychrun, Montour, Sanheim, Matheson, Faber (p)
    G: Talbot, Forsberg, Daws (p), Wolf (p, NA)
    IR: Fantilli, Sergachev, Jeannot, Ingram
    NA: Levi

Administrator

Doesn't look like your squad is in position to take advantage of the quick boost trading your 1st could offer. You can float it out there, but you need an extreme overpay of active elite talent in the 25-year-old or younger range to make it worthwhile.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

With your team so far out from competing, I wouldn't be thinking of moving any 2020 picks.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wouldn't all things considered - you say top 3... but it's really top 6.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Sure, throw it out there. Just don't trade it. Trading your 1sts in the past has killed you....

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm actually not keen on trading it so you all are big helps. I'll have 12 picks total this year and the next which is more than I'd have if I didn't make any deals. Thanks, guys. Repd who I could.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov