Thread: Miscellaneous Thread Title...Shhhhh

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Miscellaneous Thread Title...Shhhhh

League in my signature.

Apparently I’ve done really well for myself in winning last year and collecting an even more apparent mountain of draft selections for this year. I have the first 6 selections, plus the 9th overall for a total of seven 1st round picks. I then have six 2nd round picks and then the first 3 picks in the 3rd round. That is 16 selections of the first 27 overall.

We set our keepers next week. I’ve bolded my keepers in my signature.

What I’m thinking about doing after we set our keepers, is offer 3 of my 7 1st round picks for one of McDavid, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy or MacKinnon.

The players available in our redraft are the 2019 crop and then players like Benn, Svech, Hertl, Josi, Forsberg, Toews, Stone, Marchessault, Dumba, Hamilton, Gustafsson, Kopitar, Getzlaf. I won’t give up my 1st 4 overall because I want Hughes, Kakko, Benn and Svech.

So would you guys suggest I try and trade my 5th, 6th and 9th overall for one of the big 4 I mentioned? The McDavid and Kucherov owner has no picks until the 7th round. He could use some of mine. The Vasy owner doesn’t have a pick until the 3rd round. The MacKinnon owner has all his regular picks.

Or should I just stay-put and win with my depth?

Administrator

Default Re: Miscellaneous Thread Title...Shhhhh

In a limited keeper consolidating to one of the four best guys is gonna be a good move. Whether or not they go for it is another story. You wouldn't get me moving any of those guys to you without getting the #1 pick + back.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    In a limited keeper consolidating to one of the four best guys is gonna be a good move. Whether or not they go for it is another story. You wouldn't get me moving any of those guys to you without getting the #1 pick + back.
    I'd be wanting #1, #2 & #3 if you're offering 3 1sts rounders.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

It's not a bad strategy at all, but if I own any of the 4 guys you are targeting and I know you've got the first 6 picks, there's no way I'm moving any of them without getting at least the 1st/2nd overall and 2 of the first 4 picks. It doesn't hurt to try, but be expected to give up some of those high firsts. And honestly, even if you draft Hughes, Kakko, Benn and Svech, there's no room on your roster to keep all of them next year. If I were you, I'd actually prefer to move the Hughes and/or Kakko pick if it got the job done for one of those 4 guys you're looking for. In all likelihood, Hugh and Kakko need a minimum of a season or two before they are starting to approach playing at the level of McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon, so they don't necessarily help you repeat in this upcoming season. If I were you, I'd gladly move one of the two of them if it meant grabbing one of those 4 guys (who are in their prime and will be for years).
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    It's not a bad strategy at all, but if I own any of the 4 guys you are targeting and I know you've got the first 6 picks, there's no way I'm moving any of them without getting at least the 1st/2nd overall and 2 of the first 4 picks. It doesn't hurt to try, but be expected to give up some of those high firsts. And honestly, even if you draft Hughes, Kakko, Benn and Svech, there's no room on your roster to keep all of them next year. If I were you, I'd actually prefer to move the Hughes and/or Kakko pick if it got the job done for one of those 4 guys you're looking for. In all likelihood, Hugh and Kakko need a minimum of a season or two before they are starting to approach playing at the level of McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon, so they don't necessarily help you repeat in this upcoming season. If I were you, I'd gladly move one of the two of them if it meant grabbing one of those 4 guys (who are in their prime and will be for years).
    Minors are safe until 83 games played and don’t count towards your 8 keepers.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you want to move 2-3 mid 1st rounders, you'll need to come off that elite tier of players.
    Might be something an Ovie, Stamkos, Crosby owner would consider - based on age.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I do think it's a good idea, but it shouldn't matter, because from what I've seen from your posts, the other owners are falling over themselves to help keep you as a dynasty.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.