Thread: Prospects for Vets Trade

The Great One

Default Prospects for Vets Trade

So Ive made a few trades and a few offers that stand a good chance of being accepted that put me solidly in a "win now" window. Im going to make a big post discussing all of them if/when they all go through.

In the interim- Ive made a lot of moves to get better now while still retaining a decent dstable of prospects. One owner has expressed an interest in Comrie (Wpg) and his team might make sense as he looks to be re-building/tweaking his roster to some degree but also has veteran pieces in Dadonov and JT Miller. Ftr its a "kitchen-sink" roto league with games played limits at each position and these guys would mostly be bottom of the roster injury insurance types (but still key in a competetive year!).

I offered:

Comrie/Thomas (STL)
    for
    Dadonov/JT Miller

He has expressed interest in Denisenko- which might even make more sense as Thomas could play meaningful minutes this year wheras Denisenko would be hard pressed to get any real time. That being said Im a HUGE denisenko fan- lol! I think hes just going to get better and better to boot- as Florida has no reason to rush or F with his development. i think his stats are just finally catching up with his talent and Im loathe to move him. That being said Dadonov is a solid veteran presence.

In this pool- we start 10 forwards (ten teams)- so youre looking at the best 100 forwards in theory. Which to my mind means that youre looking for 65-70 jsut to get in the front door so to speak. I have a lot of young options like Keller, Laine, Nylander, Hischier who are pencilled into my active roster so Dadonov has even more appeal as he can step in if any of these young guys stumbles out of the gate. Not a lot of 70 point players available out there and on a re-building team Dado just might be.

Thoughts???

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Prospects for Vets Trade

I'd swap Thomas for Denisenko if you can..

This is a compete now trade you're making

You've given yourself the reasoning to make that swap. He's a couple years away. Thomas will give you production NOW. That added depth could be the difference.
    Miller's in the best offensive spot he's been, arguably in his career.
    Add in Dadanov & his 75+pts.

Comrie's an easy one to move...
    If he prefers Denisenko... make the swap - reap the rewards.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I would aim a little higher than Dadonov/Miller if you're moving one of Thomas or Denisenko.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be glad to make that deal with Denisenko & Comrie. If he just wants Comrie for one of those guys, that's fine as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd be glad to make that deal with Denisenko & Comrie. If he just wants Comrie for one of those guys, that's fine as well.
    I offered Comrie for dado- said no- but now that i type it out loud I think he actually did counter JT Miller for Comrie. Were not worried about Ferland sneaking onto the top pp unit?

Dobber Sports Wizard

to me if you can swing it you do it even with Thomas...if i was other GM however i smash reject button fast
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

He said yes but as outlined above I really don't have much room- especially if I knew Malkin for hischier plus!

One way I might be able to do it is if I can get some kind of value for achwartz- a pick or a prospect. Then I've got the room to do it. I feel like dadonov is an upgrade to Schwartz in a competitive year. If Miller pops off like he can him too.