Thread: Heiskanen or Bouchard- Am I crazy??

The Great One

Default Heiskanen or Bouchard- Am I crazy??

So I sent over a pretty basic offer to a re-building team:

Zegras/Romanov
    for
    Kase/Olofsson

I give up some upside maybe but I get two guys a lot closer to being competetive. The crappy part about this is our format is wonky- 10 forwards at 10 teams- weekly changes- means you dont get a lot of mileage out of your intermediary talents. I havent played a season yet but I feel like you need to be hitting like 65 minimum to warrant play in this format. Still these are two guys I believe in and Kase in particular might even get to useful territory wheras maybe Olofsson warrants a trade to a re-builder or becomes a solid keeper option.

In any case he responded with these two counters:

Zegras/Romanov/Bouchard
    for
    Kase/Olofsson/Heiskanen

AND

Bouchard
    for
    Kase/Olofsson

I declined the second one already. Ive got 5 string active D (and we start 5) but after that Im looking at a lot of tier two guys- Romanov (if I dont trade him), Niku, Guhle and Schuldt with maybe one medium guy being added through the FA draft. In any case am I way too high on Bouchard? Should I be accepting the Heiskanen one? I mean Heiskanen is closer anyways- am I being a dumb dumb?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Heiskanen or Bouchard- Am I crazy??

I'd take the Kase/Olofsson/Hesk side. of that deal in any format.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I accepted. I was worried about the prolific shooting of Bouchard (and he still might end up being a beast that way)- but I was pleasantly surprised to see Miro was no slouch in that departnment either- 182 as a rookie is pretty bananas (as is that ttoi!!). In any case I think the trade has the potential to pan out for both sides. Bouchard still has monster potential and Zegras can tip the scale one way or another depending on how/when he develops. In the interim though I think my roster is more competetive right now without sacrificing a ton of upside- which is what I was going for. We start 5 active D and I want one bench guy (short bench- 5 total).

Im now at:

Burns
    Subban
    Hamilton
    Ghost
    Heiskanen

with Morrissey and Sanheim on the bench.

Also working on a trade that swaps Ghost and Sanheim for Letang and Hanifin (at the expense of a forward downgrade). Considering defense was a team weakness (had Burns, Brannstrom (gone now) and not much else)- Im pretty happy with how its shaping up...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I accepted. I was worried about the prolific shooting of Bouchard (and he still might end up being a beast that way)- but I was pleasantly surprised to see Miro was no slouch in that departnment either- 182 as a rookie is pretty bananas (as is that ttoi!!). In any case I think the trade has the potential to pan out for both sides. Bouchard still has monster potential and Zegras can tip the scale one way or another depending on how/when he develops. In the interim though I think my roster is more competetive right now without sacrificing a ton of upside- which is what I was going for. We start 5 active D and I want one bench guy (short bench- 5 total).

Im now at:

Burns
    Subban
    Hamilton
    Ghost
    Heiskanen

with Morrissey and Sanheim on the bench.

Also working on a trade that swaps Ghost and Sanheim for Letang and Hanifin (at the expense of a forward downgrade). Considering defense was a team weakness (had Burns, Brannstrom (gone now) and not much else)- Im pretty happy with how its shaping up...
    That's a nice little stable of Dmen
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

EDIT:

In an unexpected twist I got an offer of Kase and Kuemper for Gallagher.

Like I said in this format- its wonky because the active player for forwards is only 100 players so you really dont get any milage out of the intermediary scoring guys. I love me some Kase but theres no doubt Gallagher makes it into my active scoring this year. It was still a tough call but Gallagher becomes a nice upgrade on my forwards...