Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Malkin for Hischier

The Great One

Default Re: Malkin for Hischier

I upgraded the picks. What about Robert Thomas? That feels high now. Texier? Id rather keep guys that are closer to the show if I can. Ylonen/Dahlen? They feel Foudy-ish- lol!

Do I bite the bullet and throw in Thomas?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he hasnt even responded yet...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wait or him to reply. Do not go upping your offer until you've heard back about the offer you sent them.
    If heard nothing later this afternoon. Email and ask if this trade is of interest to him still. Though waiting a day is good too; better option I you can

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I upgraded the picks. What about Robert Thomas? That feels high now. Texier? Id rather keep guys that are closer to the show if I can. Ylonen/Dahlen? They feel Foudy-ish- lol!

Do I bite the bullet and throw in Thomas?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he hasnt even responded yet...
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Stud

Totally agree with TheDard. Let the other guy respond. Interest? Counter-offer? I went through a Domi - for - Mantha trade recently, loved the counter offer, and it was done.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

So i took out Drouin completely and kept in Hirose and the 2nd rounder. He sent an email. He doesnt want to do Arvidsson for the goalies- he would want a comparable winger. Hes not opposed to moving arvvy but he doesnt want his forwards in general to take that much of a hit. On the plus side that frees up my goalies and I think I can get Dadonov/JT Miller for Ullmark/Hutton/Comrie.

The other issue is that hes getting cold feet on the premise of Hischier for Malkin and it doesnt sound like the pisk or the prospect is the issue. He read the same article we all did about how Malkin is in the best shape of his life, playing angry, and freed fro Phil "the Shrill" Kills all. he said he wants an impact forward in his prime. That kind of kills it for me. I feel like Hischier has 90+ point upside down the line but the whole point was that hes NOT there now. As a team competing NOW the idea was to swap a guy with a promising career at 75ish points who may take another step and have seasons closer to ninety or *gasp* ninety plus for 1-3 years of Malkin. At 33 and with his style Im actually worried about a 3 year timeline- at peak performance anyways. Im hoping for an angry season at 1.1-1.2 ppg this year, then maybe 70 games at a ppg next year where hes just a hair above Hischier with peripherals and then taking a loss from there until retirement. Im ok adding to the pick/prospect side- but I already told him Im not going to move a start in his prime. Malkin is 33 and misses 15-25 games on a fairly regular basis. I keep thinking the ask will be Panarin which makes no sense to me.

Now might be a good time to post my team :P. Weve got a 5 man bench and very loose farm rules- 2 seasons worth of games for forwards (164), three for dmen (246) and 200 for goalies. Im not listing my whole farm but ill list the guys that are on the short list for call ups. Im also kind of proud of the moves I got in when I decided to throw it all in the middle for a run this year (Ouch! Just torqued my arm patting myself on the back...). "Kitchen Sink" scoring- everything gets some credit with the exception of FOW. Its a roto format with games played limit- no forward designation- just F (no C or W). 9 forwards, 5 dmen, 3 goalers, 1 utility (although itd be nuts not to use a forward here- no benefit for doing so), and 5 bench (unlimited IR+):

Offenders
    Panarin
    Pastrnak
    Gudreau
    Tarasenko
    Gallagher
    Skinner
    Hall
    Nylander
    Duchene
    *RNH

Defenders:
    Burns
    Subban
    Letang
    Hamilton
    Heiskanen

Goalers:
    Bobo
    Hellboy
    Rinne

Benchers: Mrazek, Hanifin, Oshie, Schwartz, * Open Spot

Farmers: Hutton/Ullmark, Morrissey, Laine, keller, Barzal, DeBrincat, Hischier
    * Morrissey is my preference to Hanifin but due to the games played rule he has to go to the farm- but with the expectation that hes the first call up

Potato Farmers: Comrie, Primeau, Niku, Schuldt, yamomoto, denisenko, Thomas, Bemstrom, Texier, Olofsson, Hiropse, Ho-Sang, Caufield, Hoglander, Brink, a messload of Russians, a boatbunch of tier 2/3 draftees from dis here year.
    * Its actually the same farm but in much less of a rush to get these guys on the pro roster- including them to show depth for injury and trading purposes:

As i type this Im thinking maybe I should just keep the buffalo goalie- lol! Theyre free keeps having played under 200 gp and even though it "looks like theres one spot open on my forward list a) theres a whole bunch of decent/meh options with upside I can draft but maybe more importantly b) Im going to want space to promote keller/Barzal/Laine when they EXPLODE out of the gate this year!!

Thoughts? was there a question in there? Dang that coffee was weary, weary, wwwweary schtwong...

Dobber Sports Wizard

all this offer would do is anger other GM imo. Its not close.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Honestly, I value Malkin more this year too, but if Hischier is the first-line center with Hall and Palmieri, 70 pts is not out of the question. Jersey will sink or swim with their GK’s but that line WILL score. No, I wouldn’t upgrade the top line of that trade. Suggest the other mgr make a counter - but Panarin, no. Laine, maybe - especially if you’re getting Arvidsson too.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you are hoping to grab Arvidsson. I will throw this idea out there; offer him RNH (28g/69pts) or Skinner (40g/63pts). I believe both peaked last year.
    Skinner is a consistent 30g / 30a / 60pts type of player. Which is good. RNH put together a solid year last yr as well.

Little food for thought
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

The Great One

My current offer is hischier/Thomas/2nd for Malkin/4th. I'd likely do rnh for argh if he wants to get younger...

The Great One

So I went and made a big mucky mess if an offer instead

Hischier, RNH, Oshie, Buchnevich, Thomas and a 2nd
    For
    Malkin, Arvidsson, Kadri, Drouin and a 4th

So the premise is that the malkin offer stays the same- Hischier, Thomas and a 2nd for malk and a 4th.

Then as was suggested I included RNH for Arvy which might be intriguing as it gets him younger and some of that much sought after exposure to McD.

I'm a kadri fan and own him on my other league- I thought Oshie is a fair comparable especially in a format that just counts f.

To balance that part out- he had expressed interest in Buchnevich so I included him for Drouin. Buch was a keeper, Drouin a draft pick so in terms of keepers Buch hypothetically has more perceived value (mind you I dropped droiin- lol).

Did I muck it up enough? Is there any way I can complicate this more???

My biggest question is if the core premise is fair:

Hiwchier/Thomas/2nd
    For Malkin/4th