Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Malkin for Hischier

The Great One

Default Malkin for Hischier

Its kind of a kittchen sink league and tbh I dont even really understand the scoring yet- just took over the team this summer.

I DO know Im going for it though- and if anything peripherals only strengthens Malkings contributions. Would you make this offer? Id be giving up Nico...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Malkin for Hischier

I'm assuming it's not the league in your sig if you just took it over, so what are the league details? Cap, F vs C/W, scoring, etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

No cap. I dont know the scoring yet (I know that sounds bad)- but it looks like a "kitchen sink" league. Its roto not head to head and we count forwards- no seperation for C or W. Start 9- which ends up being 10 because theres one flex skater I dont imagine Ill be using a D on. Thanks for all the replies EB!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am curious about the scoring system as well.

Though Malkin is still a monster talent and proven scorer. Hischer is damn good young player. But what is he ceiling.
    Malkin had a down year and still pulled over 70pts. Plus if this league rewards PIMS, hits, fights. He beats Hischer hands down.

Malkin floor is 70pts & ceiling is mid 90's pts

Hischer floor is 50pts, ceiling is high 70's pts for right now.

Since you've said you are going for it. I'd look to add Malkin.
    Heck you might be even able to get the other guy to throw in a pick if you sell it right (Malkin's age, health concerns etc)
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    I am curious about the scoring system as well.

Though Malkin is still a monster talent and proven scorer. Hischer is damn good young player. But what is he ceiling.
    Malkin had a down year and still pulled over 70pts. Plus if this league rewards PIMS, hits, fights. He beats Hischer hands down.

Malkin floor is 70pts & ceiling is mid 90's pts

Hischer floor is 50pts, ceiling is high 70's pts for right now.

Since you've said you are going for it. I'd look to add Malkin.
    Heck you might be even able to get the other guy to throw in a pick if you sell it right (Malkin's age, health concerns etc)
    That just about covers it
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Malkin and it's not even really close.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Malkin and it's not even really close.
    This
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd go Malkin here, only thought is that Malkin could kill your in + - ( if you find out that's one of your categories).
    Upside is Malkin should put up better numbers in all other categories.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree with above that it’s Malkin and not even close.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hischier should be a solid players for years to come but hes just not there yet. Malkin>>Hischier without a doubt.
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

Full offer on the table is:

My Hischier, Buchnevich, Hirose, Foudy and a 4th next year (prospect draft- 10 teams)
    For
    Malkin, Arvidsson, Drouin and a 6th next year

We keep 28 and farm keeps are free. Hirose would still qualify as a free keeper as would Foudy- technically Hischier might too (The cutoff is 3 seasons worth of games (246)- so if he misses even a handful of games you can sneak him through as a farm keeper. Im stoked about Drouins off-season (eating that rhetoric like Corn Flakes!!)

Tots?

Dobber Sports Star

Love the Malkin side on the latest offer. Inconsistent Buchnevich, NCAA FA forward success rate is pretty low, Foudy as a prospect has little value in a 14 team league, and a 4th round pick in a prospect draft is a crapshoot. You get Arvidsson too? Great result.

Dobber Sports Stud

Can’t imagine you’ll get this. You should hope for counter-offer. One-sided. If they wanted your 2 nd round pick, it’s be more fair.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Can’t imagine you’ll get this. You should hope for counter-offer. One-sided. If they wanted your 2 nd round pick, it’s be more fair.
    i dont like sending out bad offers- maybne Ill change it to the second now. A lot depends on how Buchnevich turns out I think- but yea in the interim maybe Ill switch it to a second with a 4th coming back. Youre that low on Hischier though? 1st overall? Could surprise now that the other teams shutdown players have to split their assignments- I really feel like he could surprise...

Dobber Sports Stud

I think it’s Arvidsson and Drouin that are tipping this beyond what’s fair. Hirose and Foudy are throw-ins. Making the draft pick better helps.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson