Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's it going to be this training camp?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Who's it going to be this training camp?

So training camps are just days away from opening. The excitement is growing for hockey fans.

It always gets me wondering, who will be the players in this years camp who will shine and make most draft earlier than expected? Last year Ty Rattie was one who came to mind as a guy everyone jumped on, traded for, grabbed from the scrap heap. Needless to say, that didn't work out so well. Suckers beware!

So any predictions on who might be this years darling of the pre-season?

I am going to go with someone like Sonny Milano or Ryan Poehling.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Who's it going to be this training camp?

Perhaps Ivan Chekovich or Sasha Chmelevski for San Jose? One of the young guns look to make the Sharks opening roster but Gambrell and Blichfeld are there too.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ilya Mikheyev is def the guy that'll boom or bust if/when he has a game or two with Matthews. But a broader way to say this is, "anyone who plays the wing on Matthews or Tavares line"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bemstrom, Prokhorkin Kubalik for me. Don't know why but have heard a lot of good things about them.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Here's a few thoughts:
    Grundstrom in LA will impress in all aspects
    Prokhorkin will carve out a top 6 role and exceed expectations
    Sandin in Tor is going to give Babcock fits to find a way to cut him.
    Hinostrosa dazzles - wouldn't surprise me if he leads the league in pre-season scoring.
    Vatrano squeezes Fla for a top 6 role with his unreal SOG/gm rates & non-stop engine
    Dal Colle arrives.

On the flip side - Ho Sang gets cut... again
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Here's a few thoughts:
    Grundstrom in LA will impress in all aspects
    Prokhorkin will carve out a top 6 role and exceed expectations
    Sandin in Tor is going to give Babcock fits to find a way to cut him.
    Hinostrosa dazzles - wouldn't surprise me if he leads the league in pre-season scoring.
    Vatrano squeezes Fla for a top 6 role with his unreal SOG/gm rates & non-stop engine
    Dal Colle arrives.

On the flip side - Ho Sang gets cut... again
    LOL! He has to clear waivers now too. I doubt he clears if they waived him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! He has to clear waivers now too. I doubt he clears if they waived him.
    I'm not sure Lou will care. Ho-Sang is not his cup of tea. His long standing line is - you play for the crest on your jersey. Not sure that's Ho-Sang's sentiment

Dobber Sports Titan

Nichuskin. COL is going to try him out with some of the top guns in preseason, and he'll pot a couple points. As soon as the season starts, and he's pointless in 1.5 games, the top line gets put back together, and Nichu is down in the bottom six for the majority of the rest of the season because his contract says that's where he should be.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm not sure Lou will care. Ho-Sang is not his cup of tea. His long standing line is - you play for the crest on your jersey. Not sure that's Ho-Sang's sentiment
    I think Lou would care a bit if he lost him for nothing. At least he should, considering he lost JT for nothing. I think he's dealt before pre season or right before the start of the regular season. If not, I'm saying he racks up 40 pts this year.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I think Lou would care a bit if he lost him for nothing. At least he should, considering he lost JT for nothing. I think he's dealt before pre season or right before the start of the regular season. If not, I'm saying he racks up 40 pts this year.
    TB lost Panik years ago for nothing.... win some, lose some.

Dobber Sports Icon

Joel L'Esperance who gets a chance to play with the big guns in Dallas and shines in the pre-season.

Dobber Sports Master

Suzuki in MTL.. Veleno in DET. Barre-Boulet in TBL.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Dominik Kahun for the Pens
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Mikheyev- TO center of the hockey universe. All he needs to do is be a flashy borderline top sixer especially considering even leafs fans are sleeping on him- and the hype will be ginormous.

Prokhorkin- Along with Mikheyev (and gusev) the early storyline will be a the breakout offensive signings from the KHL.

Marody- slipped when he got his shot- hell shine in the pre season and if rattie can get that kind of hype- Marody will start a wildfire. He's not even the best prospect in the system which gives him "came out of nowhere" status.

Bemstrom/Texier- I think poolies especially are getting worked up about bemmy and the funny thing is texiers almost a perfect compliment on a line anyways. The press is going to be eager to remind us why Jarko was ok with this bigtime FAs mass exodusing. Blue Chip prospects feel a bit like cheating but then again this is Columbus were talking about

Dobber Sports Monster

Joe Veleno and Adam Boqvist.