Thread: Fantasy Hockey League For Kids...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Fantasy Hockey League For Kids...

... with parental supervision, of course.

This is not your typical fantasy sports league. It's not going to be a super deep league, and no money will be involved.

Some background: Last Christmas, my nephew (now 10) asked his dad (my brother) and I if he could join an ESPN fantasy hockey league. About half an hour later, my nephew and son (also now 10) found the same public league to join and were drafting their own teams with the help of their dads!

This year, we decided to create our own league. I'm looking for about another 4-8 owners, preferably for anyone with a child who would be interested in trying fantasy sports for the first time. Or any noobs out there (to borrow a term often used by my son). I'm hoping this can be a great bonding experience where you can teach your child the basics of fantasy hockey.

Live draft date/time TBA. It'll probably be earlier in the week rather than later, but please note that we are in the Pacific time zone, so the time might be past the bedtimes of kids on the East Coast. Or if it's past bedtime, you could draft your team and let your kid run it.

League is ESPN H2H, 9 F 5 D 1 UTIL 2 G 5 BE, G=3 A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2, W=5, GA=-1, SO=3

If this is something you and your child would be into, DM me with your email and I'll send you an invite. Or post any questions below.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey League For Kids...

this makes me happy, good dadding, good luck!

Big Daddy

Fantastic idea. I love this. Unfortunately for me it’s a bit early. My boys are 6 and 3 1/2. My 6 year old can name most teams by there logo but as far as players go he only knows Auston Matthews and John Tavares. Good luck, hope we can join in the future!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll extend this league to anyone who is interested, not just kids. Hoping this is a multi-year thing, so if your kids are too young, you can keep the spot warm until they are old enough.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding