Thread: Cap conundrum - Point and Provorov for Heiskenen, Comtois, A Boquist

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Cap conundrum - Point and Provorov for Heiskenen, Comtois, A Boquist

Multi cat, point format.
    My cap space is tight, but I could make room to keep Point and Provorov providing their combined cap hit does not exceed 16.5M.

The other GM has $20M cap space and lots of great young talent inc. chabot, Dahlin, Heiskenen, Quinn Hughes, S Girard, K'Andre Miller A Boquist, Comtois, Hayton, Zadina, Heponiemi, tolvanen, and 5 first round picks this year.

What do you think is a fair offer for my Point and Provorov?

Thanks for your input!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cap conundrum - Point and Provorov for Heiskenen, Comtois, A Boquist

If I'm dealing Point and Provorov, I'm asking for Dahlin first, Chabot second, then down through the rest. I also feel like Point should be worth Heiskanen, Comtois, and Boqvist on his own, so if that's the best starting point, you need to be adding on one more piece like Zadina to account for Provorov.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Cap conundrum - Point and Provorov for Heiskenen, Comtois, A Boquist

Thanks for the weigh in Eskimo Brother!
    I think I may have undervalued my own players here.
    I think the other GM feels my cap relief should be worth a lot.

Dobber Sports Titan

Tell him if that's the case you'll just go elsewhere
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Cap relief can be worth a lot, but young players who have proven high-end talent levels with good production should reduce that cost quite a bit.

I'm not sure Point is a guy I'd deal as cap relief, honestly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Moving Point has never been my goal. But, I am pretty deep at C, with Eichel, Larkin, Trochek, Couturier, Kadri, Point and B. Schenn (C,LW). My prospect pool is average at best.
    I've got Vas. and Labanc contracts next year. I put Eichel, Point and Kadri on the block and nobody wants to pay anything near their value. I can make the cap, but I pick last (16th) in the rookie draft again. At some "point" I have to shed salary and get some good prospects.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the input. I didn't make the trade.

The Great One

I was in a similar cap crunch situation and owned Point (still do) and Provorov. In the end, I made a bunch of moves to clear up cap space while retaining Point. I considered dealing Point, but only if I could have gotten a high-end player in return, which never happened.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think you'll have juuuuust enough space. Maybe some change left in your pocket
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

I'd rather sell a bit low on Provorov (while keeping Point) than moving both for the package offered.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good thought. I see Provorov signed.