Thread: Past draft years v 2019 draft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Past draft years v 2019 draft

Hi all,

We have just introduced a farm draft in my league. Its multicat G A PPP Shots PIMs Hits Blocks Takeaways.

Any player from past draft years who is yet to play an NHL game is eligible to be drafted.

How do you rate these untried (relatively) older players and how do they compare to 2019 draft crop? Any names I should be looking into?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Past draft years v 2019 draft

If you supply a list of possibles from previous drafts, it would help.

I will opine that I feel that the 2019 draft is very talented and valuable for the top ~13 guys. This is not meant to say the first 13 guys taken.

To me, there are some absolute gems like Kakko and Hughes but also guys like Dach, Zegras, Caufield, Byram and Turcotte. I’d consider any of these guys in the first round of a farm draft. But also, and probably more so, Podkolzin since Hits are one of your categories. I also wouldn’t shy away from Boldy, Knight, York and Krebs. Just off the top of my head...

The Great One

Names you should be looking at:
    2017: Cody Glass; Nick Suzuki; Morgan Frost
    2018: Barrett Hayton; Adam Boqvist; V Kravtsov; Dobson; Dennisenko; Ty Smith; Farabee; Kupari.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What picks do you have? Personally I would avoid drafting Knight early if possible. With the situation in Florida, you'll be waiting a very long time before he becomes useful.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys. To touch on a few of your Q's.

Anyone yet to plan an NHL game is available, I have essentially printed off lists of top 50 picks from past years and put a line through anyone with a NHL debut.

I have picks 6,14.22.

Thanks very much for the list of guys, I will go away and research them. Not being from N/A, the prospect coverage is basically Dobber and Twitter, so its good to get some leads.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    Thanks guys. To touch on a few of your Q's.

Anyone yet to plan an NHL game is available, I have essentially printed off lists of top 50 picks from past years and put a line through anyone with a NHL debut.

I have picks 6,14.22.

Thanks very much for the list of guys, I will go away and research them. Not being from N/A, the prospect coverage is basically Dobber and Twitter, so its good to get some leads.
    TheAthletic is also great coverage, if you are willing to subscribe. All you can eat content for a month. Heck, you can go there for a trial subscription and get pronman's rankings and then cancel.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    TheAthletic is also great coverage, if you are willing to subscribe. All you can eat content for a month. Heck, you can go there for a trial subscription and get pronman's rankings and then cancel.
    Thanks mate, I'll investigate this but previously I couldnt use an Australian credit card.