Thread: Need Some Quick Advice

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Need Some Quick Advice

I have until 6 p.m. EST (just over an hour) to decide whether I want to swap anymore of my current Farm prospects for another eligible player (< 60 NHL games played; 30 for goalies).

I've been considering whether to swap Timothy Lijegren for any of: Ryan Merkley, Josh Brook, Nic Hague, Jett Woo, Kale Clague, Calen Addison, Phil Myers, Cal Foote, Bode Wilde, Jake Bean, P.O. Joseph, Nicolas Beaudin, or Alex Alexeyev -- Ryan Poehling, Jesper Boqvist, Victor Olofsson are the best Forward prospects available.

I kinda like the idea of owning both Sandin and Liljegren as the two best D-man prospects for the high-powered Leafs, but it seems like Liljegren has been passed by other prospects in his development. On the other hand, apparently he said in the end of season press conference that he was told to focus on the defensive aspects of his game this season, and his deployment was in a top-pairing, all situations role (minus the PP time) so he was given a lot of responsibility and developed his all-around game a whole lot.

What are your thoughts, Dobber nation?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Need Some Quick Advice

I take Olofsson over TL imo
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Stud

Late... but I’d have gone for Alexeyev. He’ll be Carlson’s protege and eventually get that opportunity
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think injuries were really the only reason he was somewhat passed over. That being said, I like Olofsson so he'd be the one I'd swap.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Giant

I ended up sticking with Liljegren.

In the end I just couldn't get past the fact that Dobber still has him pretty highly ranked, and he is easily the best RHD prospect in the Leafs system. Long-term he should get plenty of opportunities even if he isn't putting up the kind of numbers that Sandin has (yet). I have a feeling he's going to have a big season, and he's a lot closer to making an impact than most of the other D-men I was considering. Not many 19-year olds are playing top-pairing shutdown roles in the AHL, and if he can marry his obvious offensive skills with a stout defensive game then he could be a stud.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you made a good choice. Liljegren has been talked of highly by his coach as far as how he's developed on the defensive side of things. He doesn't hold much value in my pool but if I'm a Leafs fan, I'm excited about this kid.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Also late, but I would have switched for Hague; Liljegren is going to disappoint.